justyn heath

heathyjas
Ride
rocket touring
hi all i have ram air on my touring but im thinking about putting k&n pods on, the big question is what is better and what do you do with the I,A,T sensor on the k&n pods, and is there a kit for them.
thanks

hi all i have ram air on my touring but im thinking about putting k&n pods on, the big question is what is better and what do you do with the I,A,T sensor on the k&n pods, and is there a kit for them.
thanks
im just trying to workout what is better but i do like the bear claw

I'd say gr rom following things you can find pronlems listed from people with the ram air even after they upgraded their first materials used. Wjile I just don't here people complaing about the K&N filters no matter what size. AIT goes in a little filter is norm but it can be routed into a filter in the throttle body as well as the crank case gases either get a filter or cam be routed to the intake or can be run thru a bafgled oil catch can and evacuated by vacuum out the exhaust. It really depends on what you want to do.

I just got the ramair kit two days ago. I went that way first because it has everything you need - Crank case breather, IAT sensor extension wire, and great instructions!
Also there is a youtube video on the installation that is very informative, too.
I have a spare bearclaw that I have marked to cut because I like that look and I will surely go to the K&N's (4010's are my fav at this moment) probably some time next year.

From what I have gathered here, the RamAir is a bit better from the performance standpoint.
Depends on what you are after. :)

And since you already have the RamAir, just put the IAT sensor inside a smaller filter and tie it close to the pods. Guys on here have pictures of theirs doing just that. All the glory to them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've stated this before, so excuse me if repetitive.
I've had my motor on the same dyno in the same configuration with both K&N 2780s and with Ram Air.
The Ram Air sucked more air and required more fuel, producing more horsies.
Not so noticeable on the butt dyno, but an improvement nonetheless.
I shall not go back to K&N - unless something happens to my engine and I need more air than the Ram Air allows. heh heh heh

Back