Ram Air, TORs, tune, 12 minute tune

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
You might have guessed that I'm doing the change over to Ram, TORs and new tune.

I assume I just do a 12 minute tune after installing all of the above, if this is not correct please correct me.

Thanks

Hoopla

not correct...best bet is to buy a tune ECU cable for 20 bucks off amazon and email HansO to send you an incredible tune for that exact setup. Have fun! Whole different animal once you install those items!

not correct...best bet is to buy a tune ECU cable for 20 bucks off amazon and email HansO to send you an incredible tune for that exact setup. Have fun! Whole different animal once you install those items!
I have the cable and tune from Hanso, my question is do I wait till all is in to do the 12 minute tune? I would think so, just want to make sure

Hoopla

I have the cable and tune from Hanso, my question is do I wait till all is in to do the 12 minute tune? I would think so, just want to make sure

Hoopla

No...don't need to do the 12 minute tune. Simply load the HansO tune and head west toward the sun at WOT! :)

If your changing maps at least reset the adaptives turn key off count to 10 and then you may turn it back on

I'm not familiar with this step, after down loading the tune, turn the key off, count to 10, turn key back on, then ?? What does this accomplish?

thanks

hoopla

If you download the TuneECU manual it takes you thru the steps of one of the way to reset the the Adaptives, there is also a function on the tests page to do the same, then you can do a 12min tune or take the for a good ride it will accomplish the same

there is also a function on the tests page to do the same, then you can do a 12min tune or take the for a good ride it will accomplish the same

Yes I saw the adaptives reset area when I had the android connected to the bike, so either turn off the switch for 10 seconds or touch the adaptives area of the screen,

thanks

hoopla

I'm not familiar with this step, after down loading the tune, turn the key off, count to 10, turn key back on, then ?? What does this accomplish?

thanks

hoopla
Its something that flashes across the screen on tune boy. If you were to look at a start up functional test the ecu performs finding the needed throttle position for the weather altitude, water temperatures it make sense when you load a different map in the ecu to let the ecu do a total start up. Not to mention most people usually pull the headlight fuse when loading tunes or doing other non running test. And someone like @DEcosse might be able to explain if there is any short comings of trying to stuff the fuse back in while its powered up and the fuse arcs. Tune Edit (which was long before tune ecu was developed). Anyway its the information that scrolls across the bottom of the software screen that leads me to do this. I believe said 3 to 5 seconds I say 10 to be safe in case you count fast.. You'll notice people here say the bike does not have to be cold to do a 12 minute tune which are the people that might not read the manual or might read to fast and skim over it. anyway the stuff you are loading might be have different values in the base line parameters then what the ecu has adapted to (or compensated the base line values to meet the present needs and operating conditions our software we use does not tell you percentage of completed adaption status and how close it is to the original programmed adaptation parameters like the Triumph computer does. The manual does explain that adaptions (12 minute tune)
1. Insure the engine is cold
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE (They even capitalized it in the book) allow the engine to warm up until the cooling fan turns on.
3. Leave engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

Since our software we use tells us in the middle of test like the ISCV reset to hit reset adaptations button (engine not running) and the Triumph manual says to do a fast adaptation reset the engine has to be at normal operating temperature. must be in closed loop control mode. MUST be running for fast adaptations to take place. And if these conditions are not met fast adaptation will not take place and default values will be loaded , which may require a normal 12 minute adaptation routine to be run. I am not qualified to make any statement contrary to any of the three software directions that might be used on our bikes.

Hope this helps.

Back