ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
As some of you know, I had quite the encounter with atmospheric precipitation last Saturday. When I got home, I was pretty damp, as the waterproof lining of my rain pants had failed, so it seems an opportune time to obtain new stuff.

I have some non-negotiable prerequisites:

1. It must BREATHE - here in Florida, if it doesn't breathe - then YOU die!

2. It must be a hi-vis color: Red preferably, but Neon Green or Yellow would be considered. Pants need not be colored - only the jacket.

3. Pants must have Nomex or other heat-resistant material in the inner calf area (preferable around the entire lower extremity), in order to resist burning/melting on the Rocket 3's exhaust.

4. Cold-weather liners are NOT necessary - or even desirable.

5. Price is of secondary importance (but I'm not interested in a BMW suit for 5-600.00)

Please let me know what you've found to work well and what I may expect to pay. If you have a good source - let me know that as well.

Thanks to all for the help!

Kerry

froggtoggs.com I have some and they are great. If water pools though it will seep through a small ammount but i got stuck in some rain that the roadster had water up to it's pegs and I was dry as a bone underneath (only part of me that got wet was where the jacket and the pants meet. )

hegels,
frog toggs is what I have too,
but he said heat resistant, and that they ain't.
You can melt them on the pipes too easy.
That's why I didn't mention them, but you're right,
for the price, they can't be beat,
and they do everything else mentioned, except the heat thing.

Frog toggs I had, the zipper broke third time i put it on.
The dealer gave me another top, that zipper broke too first use.
And the pipe burned a hole in the leg. They gave me a patch kit.
I threw them away and went to Dicks Sporting goods.

I use froggtogs, I bought pants and jacket about 7 years ago and still use them. They are worn and frayed but still work.

I looked and almost bought the FrogToggs. Two big problems:

1. No heat resistance to the R3T's headers;

2. Not hi-Vis colors. Rain gets so heavy here in Florida that you can barely see in front of you. And while I usually pull off in rain that bad, sometimes you can't help but ride in it for awhile - and low-vis rain gear is a definite hindrance in these conditions.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Triumph makes a one piece rain suit that got highest ratings on web bike world. They are $99.oo but you might be able to get them a little cheaper

Triumph Chevron Oversuit

Heres a link for an example. Not sure about the heat resistance or not

mutt

one thing you can do to have heat resistant & waterproof bottoms is use oil skin half chaps over any rain suit. they're cheap ($30US) and work great.

it covers the top of your shoe to your knee and made the same as a duster. fyi - make sure you order 2 sizes larger than you think you need.

Yep, I also use a gaiter on my right leg with the Toggs-never a melting problem in 4 years running. They do now offer a hi-viz suit. A hi-viz vest also works well.
Not sure about others but I can say that 2 years ago 6 of us were driving thru the worst rain/wind storm I've ever rode thru-lots of stsnding water on the NYS Thruway-and at the gas stops the two of us in Toggs were the only dry ones-same at home base late in the day.

Back