Radiator shrouds

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
Has anyone purchased a set of the black radiator shrouds from Triumph and what do they cost?

I just got a price from my dealer. The cowl kit is $262.49 Add the radiator screen....$106.20. Add the small rear side screens (2 ) in black..$ $250.10.
So..all blacked out = $610.08 for parts alone before taxes.
I think I'm going to go with the look of the new Roadster which is to keep the chrome cowl, change the radiator and side screens to black. Not a question of money but I saw one like this on the showroom floor and I like the look even better than all blacked out. Cost of that would be about $360.
Hope this helps, Mike

I just got a price from my dealer. The cowl kit is $262.49 Add the radiator screen....$106.20. Add the small rear side screens (2 ) in black..$ $250.10.
So..all blacked out = $610.08 for parts alone before taxes.
I think I'm going to go with the look of the new Roadster which is to keep the chrome cowl, change the radiator and side screens to black. Not a question of money but I saw one like this on the showroom floor and I like the look even better than all blacked out. Cost of that would be about $360.
Hope this helps, Mike

Yes it does and I was thinking they were probably in the $250 range. Expensive for plastic. I'd just be getting the shrouds.

I had a bear claw that Mitch gave to me powder coated in what is called a 50% gloss (a satin) black and it came out perfect. I then had my radiator cowling painted at a friend's shop and it came out a bit too much on the flat side. Last week I had my exhaust covers ceramic coated in a satin black and while the match to the bear claw is very close, the difference between them and the radiator shrouds is now more apparent to me. I think this is what is called being too fussy.

Will, ever time I paint something with Krylon is looks like I just painted something with Krylon. And that is, crappy. A painter I am not.

Warp, N1 got a carbon fiber bear claw from one of the members on the site and the finish was not up to par, that is, there were a lot of surface scratches that should have been buffed out. He showed it to me during one of my visits to his hacienda. With that said, I might consider getting a set. Carbon fiber is definitely very cool. Do you know of a good source? And it depends on whether or not I can fix this back popping issue. The prognosis for that seems good with the help I've gotten from our members.

And BTW, on ceramic coating the exhaust shrouds; what a difference they make in heat on the right leg. It is significantly reduced.

Yes it does and I was thinking they were probably in the $250 range. Expensive for plastic. I'd just be getting the shrouds.
Mike - scour the web.

I found a set that were new & boxed, but were originally Blue and had been painted Triumph Black - at about $150 if memory serves me correctly. Was a UK Triumph dealer.

If you can find a painted set (irrespective colour) it will take paint better than the chromed ones.

Carbon scratches way too easily in general - the top gel coat is either too soft or too thin - so you can see the weave better in all probability.

Back