Radiator hoses.

Cobba

Supercharged
Have just done an oil/filter change on my bike today and noticed that the radiator hoses look quite bulbous where they go onto the water pump.
Hose still feels quite flexible, not brittle so I'm thinking it's like it from the factory.

Is this normal or can I expect a problem in the not too distant future.

It's an 07 model with 24,500Ks.

Cheers.

If you mean the hose from top of the radiator , mine blew and i found one at local auto supply joint . Was off a Vauxhall something or other .. kept the serial / part number just in case it happens again. Triumph Aust didn't have one in stock (surprise, surprise) when mine blew. Told me be the standard 6 week wait :mad: wankers !!!

Ok, seriously. On mine, the hose from the bottom of the radiator to the water pump flares a little where it slips over the metal pipe on the water pump. It shouldn't be too big but is fatter there than the rest of the hose. The other hose into the water pump from the top of the radiator is a bit fatter in the middle than the ends - sort of like a sausage. This connects to a metal pipe which connects to the top hose I think TC is referring. None of the hoses should look like they're about to burst but a little bit puffed up from heat and pressure is probably normal.

Sounds like it's nothing to worry about then.

I'm gunna look into braided hoses to fit to it in the near future anyway so hopefully nothing serious goes wrong till then.

Thanks all for your feedback.

Read some where hoses should be replaced every 4 years. it was a pre maintenance thing i was reading, Not Triumph, just general. Anyway i have been doing so since 04 and have had no trouble with the hoses.

Read some where hoses should be replaced every 4 years. it was a pre maintenance thing i was reading, Not Triumph, just general. Anyway i have been doing so since 04 and have had no trouble with the hoses.

So tell me Pedro.
As someone who has actually changed the hoses, is there a bulge in the hose when you fit the new one like the old one had??? Is the bulge there in the free hose before fitting or is it caused by having to be over extended to fit over the spigot of the waterpump?? (That would worry me if it is.)

I'm still going to go down the road of fitting braided hoses at some stage.
The front of that engine has always seemed volnerable to me anyway, especially the waterpump, hoses and oil filter.

Am also going to make my own spoiler/belly pan out of stainless to protect that area as well. Some bling and some protection all in one foul swoop.:cool:
Gotta get me that English wheel first tho.:(

Back