I sandblasted mine and painted it with a low gloss black paint. Its held up fine for a couple of years. As I take it off occasionally to clean the radiator its easy enough to touch up any nicks.

A guy near me powder coats air boat exhausts. He says he can powder coat anything as long as it steel and will fit in his tumbler.
I was thinking of powder coating my Jars, no problem says he.

I just spray painted mine - can of satin finish. Gave it a touch up after about a year, although it didn't really need it. Did the 2 smaller ones too. Cost has been about $3. Takes about 5 mins to pull out, spray and put back in.

Did I tell y'all I get bored easily? I looked around the www a bit and couldn't find a Rocket with a billet grill so I decided to try to make one. Got the first section in. Maybe put the others in tomorrow. Yes, I know I should just leave well enough alone, but I just wasn't made that way...:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 241
Did I tell y'all I get bored easily? I looked around the www a bit and couldn't find a Rocket with a billet grill so I decided to try to make one. Got the first section in. Maybe put the others in tomorrow. Yes, I know I should just leave well enough alone, but I just wasn't made that way...:D

Nice work. Look like it would protect the coils pretty well.

Back