biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
I've noticed that the radiator fan on my 09 Rocket comes on more than the one on my 05 did. Ridin the last couple of days in mid 50 degree weather, within a minute the fan is kicking on if I'm at a stop idling. On my 05 Rocket the fan never kicked on unless it was in the 90s, and then it took a couple of minutes of idle to make it do that. What's the norm? Is there any adjustment on Tuneboy or just a place to look to see what the switch is set at? I know, I'm bored.

Black absorbs AND dissipates heat quicker than light colours. You could check the temp at which the fan turns on and off with either TuneBoy or TuneECU.

I know that radiators cool better painted flatblack because of the increased surface area but how does black disapate better?

Yup definately black both absorbs & radiates heat much better than white( paint a wall part white & part black & feel the heat difference in the sun).. Why does it do this? have to look it up!!

I know that radiators cool better painted flatblack because of the increased surface area but how does black disapate better?
Because the bit touching the hot bits is also black so does not reflect it back in?. - btw matte is better too as the surface area is increased.

Back