3289 Soco RD,
Maggie Valley, NC
Phone: 877-686-4386

Info on Patches
RAA 6 Patches

Info on Shirts
RAA6 Embroidered Shirts

Final Routes

With the number of bikes attending this year we will need to split up into ride groups... Each day will consist of a (A) route and a (B) route and on Saturday we will be adding a (C) Route . The (A) route will be between 100 and 175 Miles and will allow for a more Leisurely Ride while still enjoying the scenery and fantastic roads the area has to offer The (B) and (c) Routes will be between 200 and 250 miles with 95% of the routes will be twisty mountain 2 lane roads,

Friday

Route (A) - Friday - NC Scenic Drive - Great Roads very Twisty and Scenic, 5 Road Side Waterfalls, Cherokee Reservation about a 140 Mile loop.

Road Captain: Uncle Jesse
Tail Gunner: XhdSkip
Support Vehicle : None

Driving Directions from Maggie Valley, North Carolina to Maggie Valley, North Carolina

Route (B) - Friday - Cowherd's Shine Run - This is my all time favorite Ride lost of Scenery, Waterfalls and curves it's a 225 mile loop but you will feel like you rode 500

Road Captain: scowherd
Tail Gunner: scotinexile
Support Vehicle : Katie Cowherd

Driving Directions from Maggie Valley, North Carolina to Maggie Valley, North Carolina

Saturday

Route (A) Saturday – Dragon Run – this will include 2 passes at the dragon, Hellbender 28, Fugitive Dam, Fontana Dam and many other approx 175 mile loop.

Road Captain: scowherd / Partial Self Guided
Tail Gunner: scotinexile / Partial Self Guided
/ in Area

Route (B) Saturday- Dragon Loop – this ride includes the Cherohala Skyway, Scenic360, The Dragon, and the hellbender 28, and may scenic stops approx 240 mile Loop.

Route (C) Saturday – Cherohala Skyway and lots of 2 lane twisties Very scenic. Approx 230 miles.

Road Captain: Rainman & STB
Tail Gunner: Xhdskip
Support Vehicle : TBD

Sunday

Route (A) Sunday –
Dragon Run – this will include 2 passes at the dragon, Hellbender 28, Fugitive Dam, Fontana Dam and many other approx 175 mile loop.

Road Captain: Rainman & STB
Tail Gunner: Xhdskip
Support Vehicle : TBD

Route (B) Sunday – Little Switzerland Run – this ride will include over 100 miles of the blueridge parkway , the diamondback, the rattler, and many scenic stops … Approx 250 miles

Attachments

• Rockets Across America VI - Final Agenda.pdf
    192.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Great Roads Map - NC TN GA.pdf
    411.8 KB · Views: 589
  • Motorcycle Checklist.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 186
RAA Food & Entertainment

Breakfast, can be obtained at the holiday diner or any of the many local Restaurants. There will be designated stops for lunch along the routes. All rides will depart between 9:00AM - 10:00AM Everyone should be fueled and ready to ride by 9:00am.

Lunch Stops will be Designated by your ride captain.

I have also finalized the catering for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings meals.

Friday,

We will be doing a cookout very informal, Burgers, Dogs, Brats and fixings. There will be no charge for the food but donations will be accepted to help cover the cost. Any donations above the food cost will go into the RAA Beer Fund.

Saturday,

Will be catered on site at the holiday motel under the RAA Party tent the menu will be pulled pork which could be either sandwiches or plates (up to the individual) and pulled chicken for the main. The sides will be potato salad, cole slaw and baked beans. All real hardwood smoked and sides all homemade. Dessert will be strawberry short cake dessert made with pound cake and a vanilla mouse with grand marnie( orange licquir, There will also be tea and lemonade available. The Cost will be 13.00 Per Person.

Sunday,

Will be catered on site at the holiday motel under the RAA Party tent the menu will be fried chicken and sliced ham with the sides of parsley redskin potatoes with butter, green beans, sweet carrots and mac and cheese. And for dessert peach cobbler w/ ice cream. There will also be tea and lemonade available. The Cost will be 13.00 Per Person.

I have to provide an accurate list and Payment to caterer 2 week prior with payment in advance so I will be coordinating the list and collecting payments All payments need to be received by April 15th> Please contact me if there is any issue. You will receive your tickets for dinning when you arrive please see me for tickets. Payments can be sent to the following

Steve Cowherd
256 Lang Run Court
Simpsonville ky 40067

Or Paypal to (Please add $1.25 for processing fee)

Scowherd@Me.com

Everyone is also welcome to visit one of the many local restaurants for the evening meal. The catered meals are not a requirement just put together for convenience and safety of the attendees. I suspect the local restaurants will be busy due to the rally. Plus Not having to leave the premises to eat and party has its benefits, You can have a few drinks without worrying about Riding or driving. We will have a music system complete with MIC and Amplifier for those that want to entertain feel free. If you have music you would like to bring feel free the system will accommodate any IPod or music player. there will be several community coolers as well as the rooms all have mini fridges.

Thanks again to everyone for the overwhelming response for door prizes and help with the cookout it is very much appreciated. If Anyone additional wants to provide a door prize please feel free to bring them, they will be put to good use.

There are also 2 Rallies in the area the weekend of RAA and a motorcycle museum within walking distance of the Motel. I have provided Links below If you need additional information.

Home*-*Wheels Through Time

Spring Thunder in the Smokys Motorcycle Rally

Asheville Bikefest and the Blue Ridge Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back