RAA IV.V Quick Look

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
I've done a little research this morning on a RAA to the Texas Hill Country. The Inn of the Hills in Kerrville is a nice place that would be able to accomodate all of us and with friendly prices. BUT, the biggest draw for the Hill Country is Rural Routes 335, 336 and 337 (aka the Three Sisters), which would be our big ride for the weekend. Doing this ride from Kerrville will be an all day (6-7 hour) event, but will definitely be some scenery and curves you will not soon forget.

I'm hoping to find accomodations in or around Leakey, TX which would be the IDEAL spot to start from and would knock several hours off of the "Three Sisters" ride.. and still be in a place where we can fit in a shorter ride in to Stone Henge, and/or London.. :)

I'm hoping Sunshine or Snuff will pipe in if they know of some accomodations as well.. IF, we're going to do this of course.. I'm going to say let's do it.. and it's not Rockets Across America, we can atleast make it Rockets Across Texas.. Oh, hey.. that's RAT.. lol

I never had heard of the "Three Sisters" but they look real good on the map! Would the day ride consist of a large loop taking in those three and 41? Hwy 39 and fm 1340 look pretty good on the map also. Are they as good as the other three?

I see possibilities! Lonnie

There's alot of good riding in the Hill Country, but the Three Sisters are the cream of the crop.. Yes.. the day ride would take in the the large loop.. :)) The D'Rose Inn looks pretty nice too.. If it takes off, I'll do some calling and scouting rides.. :)

I never had heard of the "Three Sisters" but they look real good on the map! Would the day ride consist of a large loop taking in those three and 41? Hwy 39 and fm 1340 look pretty good on the map also. Are they as good as the other three?

I see possibilities! Lonnie

Three Sisters

Motorcycle Riding in The Texas Hill Country
"The Three Sisters" or " The Hundred Mile Loop" (RR335, RR336, & RR337) are without a doubt the best motorcycle roads to be found in the Hill Country of Texas. These are the roads everyone wants to ride when they visit the Texas Hill Country. Again I caution, if you are a new rider or are a cautious type, then you DO NOT belong on these three roads. They follow canyons and climb over jagged, steep and crumbling hills. They have many tight twisty curves with shear drop offs and not much in the way of guard rails. In one section about 15 miles long, there are around 65 curves. If you are an experienced rider, then this is the ride for you. If you like scenic panoramic views, bring your camera, take this ride and hold on!

Back