triroketman

Supercharged
I was planning to go to the RAA and wanted info from someone who is familiar with the roads in and leading to Eureka Springs. I am starting in Southern IL and was going to ride the interstate to Poplar Bluff MO and then go south and hit Highway 62 at Pocohontas and go west. Does this sound like the thing to do? All the map programs say to ride the Interstate through MO and then come in from the North. I am not a big fan of Interstates.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

I was planning to go to the RAA and wanted info from someone who is familiar with the roads in and leading to Eureka Springs. I am starting in Southern IL and was going to ride the interstate to Poplar Bluff MO and then go south and hit Highway 62 at Pocohontas and go west. Does this sound like the thing to do? All the map programs say to ride the Interstate through MO and then come in from the North. I am not a big fan of Interstates.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

Dave:

Gunshots and I are riding down together. We might be able to hook up somewhere along the route. I'm riding to Gunshots abode and we are leaving from there, taking I-69 down to Indy and then 2 lanes south and westerly. I myself don't like the slab but from here in Michigan to Indy is as enjoyable as riding across 70 from St.Louis to KC....you get it over with and then start enjoying the ride. Interestingly, we all have Classics and they are all red&white (blood and bone).

Gunshots and I will be 'Dr. Hook and the Medicine Company.....He can be 'the company' and I'll be Dr. Hook.

September is a bad month for me. It's harvest time so I have to dovetail everything carefully together. Right now we are rounding 400 acres of wheat straw for bedding and I have 60 acres of clover over wheat stubble that will be ready in September and clover is touchy, that is, it won't take any rain, so it's cut, crimp, windrow and bail. Hopefully, my new Case MDX 91 disc mower will speed the cutting up. I've been told you can cut at 10-12 mph ground speed with one.

The wife and I will likely spend the night prior, to arrival at ES, at Hardy Arkansas, on SR62. Hardy has a small dulcimer and other stringed instrument shop we like, and a favored greasy spoon. Pocahontas is just east of Hardy.

Hardy is just south of Mammoth Springs on SR 63, The Springs is a very nice 30 minute rest stop. It's a historical site and park as well as a natural wonder. They've a visitors center with the usual public facilities.

If you were to take 160 West out of Poplar Bluff to 19 South at Alton then 63 South at Thayer, you'd be at Mammoth Springs in a breath or two. At Mammoth Springs take 9 South to pickup on 62 West at Salem.

The distance between Mammoth Springs and Eureka Springs is 150 mile according to mapquest.

Last edited:
No direct route

I'm down in Bloomington IN, about 70 miles south of Indy. I was planning on heading southwest cross country to Evansville before crossing the Ohio. From there I was thinking of working my wayon some back roads to Memphis before hitting the "big" highway. If you guys up in Mich are looking for some company I'll can meet up with you outside of Indy.
Chester

That works for me if you want to wait for us. It looks like 320 miles fron Gun Lake to Bloomfield. It's going to be noon to one oclock if the weather is good and we get started at daylight. That what I was think for a route. Burn to Indy then cross country to ES. The more the merryier

Back