RAA 9--"GETTIN HIGH" PRE-RIDE June 22, 23 2014

Ogremeister

Turbocharged
This post has been edited (and will be again-if needed) to provide the latest updated information for this ride.

Rendezvous west of Colorado Springs for the night of Saturday June 21st @ this motel:

Saturday night stay-June 21, 2014

Rodeway Inn
103 Manitou Avenue, Manitou Springs, CO, US, 80829-2426 Phone: (719) 685-3300

Sunday ride; June 22nd-ride Pikes Peak then Bear Creek Canyon & then

Explanation--riders trailering their bikes can join in on this ride.
Leave trailer @ motel for round trip to Pikes Peak.
Re-load bike and trailer to next motel, then ride to meet the group for lunch
and finish of ride to Mount Evans.

Revised bike route for June 22nd (includes Horsepower Hill (Deckers Rd) & Bear Creek Canyon

Ending up here
Sunday night stay-June 22, 2014
http://www.argoinnandsuites.com/
Argo Inn and Suites
2622 Colorado Blvd.
P.O. Box 1990
Idaho Springs, Co. 80452 Phone: (303) 567-4473

Monday ride; (GREEN RT) June 23rd-Loveland Pass-Freemont Pass & through Aspen then on over and finally into HOME BASE---Montrose, CO. (& Monday eve. BBQ!)

(TRAILER RT-YELLOW)

Post here or PM me with any questions. Hope some of you can make it.

Last edited:
I want so, so bad to go. I'm from the Springs, and I've driven those same routes many times... just never rode them. Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the globe.

Pikes Peak and Mt Evans are both awesome rides. I'm trailering from Illinois to Montrose with my wife. No way to ride with your group. I'd travel to Montrose, park the truck, then head east to the Springs??? Perhaps other groups will visit these areas during our stay....

Last year I rode solo to Colorado for Rawhyde adventure bike school in Buena Vista. Rode from Moline to Idaho Springs in one day, about 900 miles. That type of distance is no problem on the R3 solo, but with my spouse 200 to 400 in a day is the most fun.

Pikes Peak and Mt Evans are both awesome rides. I'm trailering from Illinois to Montrose with my wife. No way to ride with your group. I'd travel to Montrose, park the truck, then head east to the Springs??? Perhaps other groups will visit these areas during our stay....

well here's an idea....

Trailer to CoSprings motel for Sat. night. Make arrangements to leave truck @ motel past check-out.

Motorcycle with us to Pikes Peak & back...then we'll help you reload on trailer. Truck to Idaho Springs motel for Sunday night (I am thinking that this would be better than Georgetown-its right at the end of Mt Evans Hwy) leave truck & ride with the group up Mt Evans & back to motel.

Monday, you could do the yellow rt to Montrose. (Unless your wife is confy driving the truck trailer alone....hmmmm better not tell her that was my idea. ;-) )

FYI - I know of at least two who will be doing the Piles Peak-Mt Evans ride on Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday.

Back