R3T with TORS. Question about Triumph tune

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello Gents. I will be having a set of TOR's installed on my 2015 R3T. I currently have Power-Tripps "stock or slip on" tune downloaded into the bike. Runs great!!

Now, when the TOR pipes are put on, Triumph has a tune that is going to be downloaded into the bike. My question is twofold.

1. Should I download the original Triumph tune that came with the bike before going to the dealer, and

2. Should I leave the new Triumph TOR tune in the bike, or revert back to Power Tripps (stock or slip on" tune.

Thanks for any help anyone can send my way!

Probàbly put the original tune back in before you go to the dealer. 2the bike will probably run better with Power Tripp's tune.What I understand is dealer tune for the Tors just richens things up.

Or, you could take the TORS home, install them yourself and leave the Tripps tune in place. Whatever path you take you want to end up with the Tripps tune back in the ECU. If you ever decide to go with a RamAir I have TORS and RamAir and my tune has been tweaked on a dyno for a 2013 R3T.

bob

From what I gather, the Powertripp tune is already richer than stock. Plus, without it you lose 30 hp and can no longer rev, which is a massive step back, not forward, if so. I'd rather ride stock pipes with that map than TORS with some Triumph abomination of a map.

Take the pipes home and bolt them on. When you get a chance, find a dyno tuner and put the resulting bike on it and verify all is optimal, maybe.

My real concern is any warranty issues. If I install the TOR pipes, Triumph requires that Triumph TOR tune. I'd like to have it on my computer, like I do the stock Triumph tune, so if I take it back in, I can reload the Triumph TOR tune so the dealer doesn't give me any static. Does anyone have the Triumph TOR tune they could send my way???

My real concern is any warranty issues. If I install the TOR pipes, Triumph requires that Triumph TOR tune. I'd like to have it on my computer, like I do the stock Triumph tune, so if I take it back in, I can reload the Triumph TOR tune so the dealer doesn't give me any static. Does anyone have the Triumph TOR tune they could send my way???

Sup Redwings01!
I bought a pair from the D&D guys while I was in Daytona for Bikeweek.
Gott'em in the mail a day after I got home.
But still havent had a chance to install the kit. "Work" should be optional in life, right?!?!
I need to install the pipes, borrow a cable and try a couple of different tunes to see what works.
Sounds like you, Fingers, and I need to get together for a little garage time.
Or should we just tear up these flat central florida roads?

It's on the TuneECU web site. This could be rumor, but the word is that the Triumph tool can tell if you've loaded a tune into the ECU. If that's true, it could void your warranty. Your dealer might be OK with you hacking into the ECU but if something goes wrong with your bike, your dealer might hook it up to Triumph central to diagnose it.

The Triumph tools can definitely tell that someone has been messing with the ECU map. I took mine in for service (it's past warranty and the guys here are cool, not concerned) and mentioned in passing I had changed the map and the mechanic went "Oh yeah, we could see that someone had done something funny to the ECU in the tool, to say the least" so I assume we're talking blinking lights and flashing warnings. :)

The mechanic then asked me where he could find TuneECU so he could put his own bike on the dyno and play with it.

As for warranty: Triumph can only deny you warranty service if they can prove that your modifications are what caused the problem. So if you develop electrical issues on the bike, that probably would be covered, unless it was somehow potentially connected to your modifications.

But if your wheel bearings go and you've modded your exhaust, the exhaust mods have zero bearing (ha ha) on whether or not you can claim the bearings on the warranty.

Back