R3T with auxiliary lights - which H4 relay?

valkraider

.040 Over
I have an R3T with the triumph driving lights that have the switch on the handlebar. I am adding an H4 relay for the headlight but I have questions about the auxiliaries.

Do they already have a relay as installed?

If they don't have a relay, will the Eastern Beaver kit with the single auxiliary light lead work or will I need a whole separate relay or the extra lights?

Has someone here already done this and I am reinventing the wheel with this post?

Thanks (in advance!)

I am going to add words to help this post get found in future searches:

Auxiliary lights
Fog lights
Touring
Driving lights
Triumph lights
Lightbar

--
"Officer, I know I was going faster than 55mph, but I wasn't going to be on the road an hour." -Steven Wright

Posted from my iPhone using the "Tapatalk" app.

Im not sure if its been done here yet. The aux lights are H3 style. I didnt plan on doing the H4 relay on my touring because it hasnt been a problem for the touring models. But Im sure somebody will chime in. Good luck!!:D

relays

I asked about that in a different post, apparently triumph has fixed the problem in the newer bikes.

i have a r3t and i do believe that the fog lights have there own relay i know my classic did

My Triumph fog light kit uses a relay with power from the battery and energized by a plug on the bike that feeds the new harness so it switches off with the key.

Macrider, did they say Touring models don't have the problem because they only have one headlight?

headlight

No they did not say that.
Its something to do with Triumph fixing the problem because of so many warranty issues related to the burned out ignition switches.
Maybe they put a relay int he newer bikes?? I dont know , will check later when theres a reason for me to go into the headlight.

No they did not say that.
Its something to do with Triumph fixing the problem because of so many warranty issues related to the burned out ignition switches.
Maybe they put a relay int he newer bikes?? I dont know , will check later when theres a reason for me to go into the headlight.
Hmmm ... I wonder if the light got brighter and lost the yellow tint as well?

Auxilary Fog Lights wiring kit needed (R3T)

Well, I give up!:mad:

When I first bought my TRIUMPH ROCKET III TOURING AUXILIARY FOG LAMP KIT from a local guy (brand new in the box), the wiring harness/kit was missing.

I quickly fashioned one out of some handy wire I had in the garage.

First the left side went, now the right side is gone.

Haven't tracked down the problem, but it's likely from my crappy wiring job.

Anyone have a line on where I can get that wiring kit before I go to a dealer?:confused:

I'm also looking at aftermarket sellers (Hella, BlingLights) as they offer wiring harnesses that should fit.

Thanks!

Dan

Back