R3T - What is the bolt for on RH side behind Engine guard?

Rogiecrockett

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I am looking for an alternative mounting location for a Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn.

The horn is currently mounted where the old horn was and there is not enough room between the bottom of the horn and the top of the front fender - ask me how I know!!

Before I go and remove any bolts I like to know what is lurking behind them. I am trying to avoid mounting to the engine guards and there do not seem to be many other good options available.

Thanks,
Dave.

Attachments

• 20170926_123630.jpg
    20170926_123630.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 7
I am looking for an alternative mounting location for a Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn.

The horn is currently mounted where the old horn was and there is not enough room between the bottom of the horn and the top of the front fender - ask me how I know!!

Before I go and remove any bolts I like to know what is lurking behind them. I am trying to avoid mounting to the engine guards and there do not seem to be many other good options available.

Thanks,
Dave.
The big bolt you are pointing to is the cam chain tensioner.

That is interesting, I have had mine mounted there for several years without an issue. I wonder if the fork length is somehow different, I would doubt it but you never know what the Mothership does from year to year. Mine is a Stebel Nautilus but looking at them they appear to be identical in size. I mounted mine horizontally, did you?

bob

horn.jpg

I stuck mine in the left side cover

When this one dies, which I figured it already would have being mounted horizontally, I am going to split the next one and put the compressor behind the LH side cover (emissions removed) and mount the horn in the OEM spot.

bob

Attached is a picture of the horn installed horizontally. To the upper right of the Denali logo are three white spacers. This is the original mount location. A small flat mounting bracket moved the horn more to the center. Have better clearance between the horn and the top of the fender and also have plenty of clearance with the handlebars turned hard left and right. Sound goes towards the radiator - still provides ear splitting sound even in this position.

If I was doing this all over again from scratch, I would look at an air horn from Custom Dynamics - the Mini Beast Air Horn 1 or 4. They seemed to be made to fit HD but these two models look small enough that they would easily fit where the Triumph OEM horn mounts. I have never heard the sound to know anything about them but the mount issues make it worth checking into.

Thanks,
Dave.

Attachments

• 20170927_114753.jpg
    20170927_114753.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 7
Back