JohnnyRocket

.020 Over
Hi guys, new to forum, had my R3T for almost two years now and 27,000 mles, love it to bits, done a couple to tours into europe and in the UK. Here's the thing. most people know the Touring and the Roadster are limited from the factory to 125 m.p.h., checked that out on mine in Germany last year. Mine R3T has a Roadster engine and gearbox in it, ( if anyone wants to know why , i'll post the story) it only does 115 m.p.h. as found in France this year on to way to a Dutch and French Guzzi rallies. The question is why? I have a theory and the salesman at my dealership has another. What do you guys think? And yes 115 m.p.h. is probably fast enough for me as if i loose my lience i loose my job but just wondering what others think and why! JT.

I looked at the R3T tunes I have for Brazil, Germany and general US I don't remember seeing a france one but was going thru them quickly to verify all speed limiters are set to 185 Killometers per hour = 114.95367056390678 MPH Tune boy can fix this problem. if you go this route might I suggest at looking into a 200 mm tire for the rear I think it will fit and you have more choices and speed ratings.

204KPH = 126.75972321641613 MPH is as high as the R3T will go!!!

With a Regular Rocket ECU in her you can set to 500KPH and forget about it:D

Thanks warp9.9, but the Roadster engine and box is only a temporary loan, my 08 R3T engine and gearbox should be going back in soon, so just idle curiosity really. JT.

Johnny am I reading it right you have a Roadster engine and ECU on loan while they work on yours ? If so first let me say that is a hell of a dealership you have. Stick with them. and secondly if it has the Roadster's ECU which the tunes are similar to the R3T then this means a Regular Rocket ECU will run a Roaster. I was wondering because of the ant-lock brake stuff. This could be some good news for those who want to release the Roadster from its chains :D

Warp9.9, yes i have engine and box from the dealerships (crashed) demo roadster, second bike i have bought through those guys and won't be going anywhere else, service above and beyond as far as i'm concerned:):):)! Not sure about ECU don't know if they swapped that or not. Thats why i was wondering about 115 m.p.h. top speed.

Warp9.9, yes i have engine and box from the dealerships (crashed) demo roadster, second bike i have bought through those guys and won't be going anywhere else, service above and beyond as far as i'm concerned:):):)! Not sure about ECU don't know if they swapped that or not. Thats why i was wondering about 115 m.p.h. top speed.
Tried a GiPro? - supposedly it disables the speed limits as well as allowing you to decide how you want your mount to run. I've not yet reached past 100mph as I'm running in.

Hi barbagaris, Gi pro is on the wish list, along with a decent sized topbox/tourtrunk a handle bar mounted faring, (bat wing or something similar) and in the future a bigger fuel tank, by at least a gallon maybe a gallon and half!:D

new member 07 rocket classic

been reading what you guys been saying for a while now . had to get one of my kids to help me with the log in part. love this site

Gary
east tx.

in the future a bigger fuel tank, by at least a gallon maybe a gallon and half!:D
That's one reason I avoided an R3T. But if you find another 7-8 litres bigger tank I'll be all ears.

GiPro I'm in playing mode.

Mode 1 had me looking for more gears - but I need to try again one day when the roads are slippery. Mode 2 I may give a trial on the way home.

Came in to work using Mode4. Like Mode 3 with 1st as standard. On good dry roads - nice. Though you need a gentle throttle hand.

Instead of Gipro you can take the wire off the gear position sensor and run it to ground through a 680 ohm resister. 1/4 or 1/2 watt is fine. A couple of bucks at Radio shack. This will make the bike think it's in 4th gear. No torque limit, no speed limit ! It really works. Had one in mine until I got a tuneboy.

Back