Ken Attwood

Standard Bore
Ride
2012 Rocket 3 Touring
SWMBO wants the backrest pad raising around 2 inches to stop her back aching under acceleration. I have NO intention of reducing the throttle position, so need advice on raising the height of the "quick release" backrest on my 2012 R3T please.

Would have thought the easiest would be a steel or ali plate twixt cushion and backrest plate with some offset holes.
Not so easy. The ali plate you mention doesn't exist. The pad back is moulded plastic and partially surrounds the bar itself so is fixed in its position, with a decorative stainless plate bolted behind it.
The tubing needs extending in some fashion in my humble opinion.
I was hoping someone had previously had the same issue and solved it.

Perhaps with magic pixie dust!

Would have thought the easiest would be a steel or ali plate twixt cushion and backrest plate with some offset holes.

Ah the Non-T sissy bar must be made differently.

No, not really, just a slightly different bolt pattern
IMG_20190728_160600438_HDR.jpg
, I thought it was a good idea.

Likely will have to secure a taller custom pad to the chrome upright. The pad will have the rigid internal structure your pillion needs, but the custom pad can be shaped to work with the flow lines of your bike...plus remain quick release using the OEM passenger hardware

No, not really, just a slightly different bolt pattern..... , I thought it was a good idea.
A bit more awkward - but yup - the offset plate would do it. Would also be a CHEAP way to see if Ken's boss finds it better or not. Mrs B has never really came to terms with acceleration - even in the E-Type.

Back