ScottishR3T

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
Just home from a touring holiday across Europe having done about 3000 miles in 2 weeks.

Just had to top up the oil for the 1st time on her, she took about 600ml to get back to where she was when I set off. No leaks and no smoke from the exhaust but it must be getting burnt as I have no sign of anything at the crankcase breather filter(have ramair fitted).

I've never read anywhere about these motors using oil, anyone think it's anything to worry about?

Bike is a 2011 Touring with 32000 miles on her, using 10w40 Castrol full synth, just serviced before I set off on the trip.

just a thought
maybe it did not get full before u started.

Turbo that did cross my mind but I always check the level regularly after a change to see how the level has settled.

She seems to be running perfectly, not sure what to make of it. Think I'll pull the plugs to see if I can see any sign of oil getting burnt.

Check the drain plug. I just discovered my crush washer is bad. The bottom of the bike is all oil/grease now from a slow leak.

That was my first thought, too, that I can't recall anyone mentioning a Rocket engine using oil.

Well it would appear the non return valve from the oil tank has chucked it. Shut the bike off and the level slowly but surely drops away.

Should have checked it with the bike running after seeing it was low. Just had to syringe 600 ml out the tank :oops:

Back