Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
As the title suggests I'm looking for some OEM-like ABS (or preferably fiberglass) saddlebags for my 2015 R3T.

I'm wanting to install a stereo system on my bike, but cringe at the very thought of cutting a hole in my factory panniers. Also, as it turns out, my bike is going to be in the shop another 2 weeks, so this give me something else to work on.

I'm looking at putting a 6.5" or 6.75" subwoofer in the smallest sealed enclosure I can, inside one of the bags. This would occupy a large portion of one of the bags permanently so another good reason to use a second set of bags.

Does anyone know of a set of panniers similar in shape and size to the OEM hard panniers?

Lol, you must be checking my browser history. I was just looking at the strong bags before I started this thread. I do like the patrol bags, and the strong bags, but was looking for a similar latch and hinge system to the OEM bags.

I did find however the viking harley bags are identical to some of their other models, but the harley bags have the option of coming primed. I'll probably end up ordering those.

Ear buds are MUCH more civil than imposing one's loud music on others likely NOT to appreciate the annoying
disturbance.
Just sayin' . . .

Ear buds are MUCH more civil than imposing one's loud music on others likely NOT to appreciate the annoying
disturbance.
Just sayin' . . .

I had speakers installed in my helmet, I dont like them. Having the music so close to my ears makes it very difficult to distinguish road hazard sounds. I also find on windy days, my helmet speakers are difficult to hear over the wind blowing against my helmet.

I didn't have that problem when riding with my uncle's goldwing. I also ride almost exclusively on the highway (about 8 miles city for every 100 miles on the expressway/highway).

I understand open air stereo systems on motorcycles/convertibles/Jeeps/slingshots can be annoying. That being said I've never seen anyone ever react significantly to them. (Other than my ex-girlfriend's father, and he was just being an a** because he didn't like me)

Absolutely do what is best for you.
I was merely stating my own opinion based upon my negative experiemces. BTW - I run a Sena S10 with a Schuberth M1 open face and it can operate louder than I need! Great sound and music quality.

I was merely stating my own opinion based upon my negative experiemces. BTW - I run a Sena S10 with a Schuberth M1 open face and it can operate louder than I need! Great sound and music quality.

Yea, I have a Sena 10C and it's not as loud as I would like. Well, not when using Bluetooth, the FM seems to get louder.

I just upgraded to a Shoei Neotec and put a SENA 10U in it... a phenomenal upgrade for me. The helmet is the quietest I've ever owned and the SENA is good sound w/ an easy to use handlebar control. (and pretty loud if I want it). Since I'm jumping from bike to bike it works best for what I need. I have heard some great sound coming out of fairing speakers though...
-MIG

Last edited:
Back