Fingers

Living Legend
Ride
2015 R3T
Scenario-Started bike let it run for a few minutes shut it off and went in the house.Came out about ten minutes later to go for a ride.would not start no neutral light and miles to go is blank.Everything else seems to function normally.Gear position sensor?

So it looks like no power to dash so no neutral light and no fuel gauge info.....

I've included the starting circuit for the Touring below. The only thing is that it doesn't show the inputs for the neutral safety switch, kickstand switch or clutch lever switch. I think these trigger the ECM to activate the engine management relay allowing power to the start button/circuit. The ecm also has to see a completed/closed kill switch.

You might want to check the 10 amp fuse (#5) that feeds power to the instrument cluster since it appears to be dead. That wire also feeds the kill switch. If it is blown, it would simulate kill switch activated.

Hope this helps

upload_2020-3-3_17-35-3.png

upload_2020-3-3_17-37-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-3_17-35-33.png
    upload_2020-3-3_17-35-33.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 4
The dash works for everything but the miles left to go ab and the neutral light.No click at all, battery has 12.48 volts

battery has 12.48 volts

What does the battery measure when you have the ignition turned on?

Check Fuse 5

And check the smaller lead coming off the battery negative cable - that goes to a single-way connector that often gets fried.

Also check the Engine Management Relay (on left side - has Brown/Pink, Yellow/Grey and Black wires to it) - you should be able to hear/feel it click when you cycle the Kill/Run switch - it seems that is not active.

The only thing is that it doesn't show the inputs for the neutral safety switch, kickstand switch or clutch lever switch. I think these trigger the ECM to activate the engine management relay allowing power to the start button/circuit.
I don't believe any of these interlock the EMR - those items only affect ability for starter to run and engine to run - EMR should be on when the Kill/Run is enabled and it also requires a valid bridge at the Alarm Connector

I don't know for fact, but potentially low battery voltage could inhibit the EMR (hence, more important to check voltage with ignition on)

Back