R3T Larger Lowers & Pattern

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
High Everyone,

Some of you touring owners expressed an interest in having some bigger laser cut lowers for your bike. This pattern is pretty close to the ones I made for my bike. The holes line up with my stock lowers. I am making no claims about them, but it is too hot riding with them on in the summer in my opinion. I'm not pushing a product but just trying to satisfy some wants. I will be looking into what it might cost to have them cut if you are interested.

If you print this pattern image (since I can't post my pdf file) full size on a legal size 8 1/2 X 14 piece of paper, you can see if it would be something you would be interested in. You might trying splitting the pattern and printing on letter size paper and then taping together. If the pattern doesn't match the size shown, you didn't print it right. They are 1" wider overall and they are 3" longer than stock. Because of the location of the lowers, they would be cut out of the higher impact acrylic.

I figure shipping, cost for material and to have them cut, plus $10 - $15 for my trouble running around is what they would cost. I'm guessing $45 to $50 a set. I still have to get a quote so that is not etched in stone.

You can also use the pattern and simply cut your own if you like. Always an option on anything I have made.

Cheers

Attachments

• Lower JPG Deflector Pattern.JPG
    Lower JPG Deflector Pattern.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 7
Just let me know when you're ready. Size and shape is good.

I just received the wind deflectors and my wife appreciated the candies. :)

Just let me know when you're ready. Size and shape is good.

I just received the wind deflectors and my wife appreciated the candies. :)

Great! Hope you like them. I'll keep everyone posted on the lowers My printout pdf pattern is perfect for the holes, but I'll probably have at least one made to confirm the finished product matches the pattern and the holes are big enough for the insert bushings.

Thanks

Phil, I received my deflectors today. Very high quality product. It may be a while before I get them on cause it’s still winter here in MA.
But, I’m sure I’ll be happy with them.
Thanks for the smarties too!!
Eric

Phil, I received my deflectors today. Very high quality product. It may be a while before I get them on cause it’s still winter here in MA.
But, I’m sure I’ll be happy with them.
Thanks for the smarties too!!
Eric

Glad you got them and like them Eric! Same thing here..stuck in winter. I only give smarties to my smart buyers. Everyone seems to like that little touch and I get a little kick out of doing it...

Just touching base on this post again for those who might be interested. It was at least a dry sunny day here in Michigan, so I went out to the cargo trailer to check out something on my bike. It would be possible to do a lower as wide a 4 1/2" or wider, but my concern would be with the handlebars turned all the way to the left. Mine would not hit no matter how wide I wanted to make them as the back side surface would still miss the radiator housing by about 1/4" to 3/16". For others it might be a close call if not all bikes are equal. I am posting another picture showing my first 4" version with the 4 1/2" version overlaying it so to speak, Some people might have to have someone sand with a drum sander (or cut) a small radius in the lower as illustrated on the drawing. I think anything over 4 1/2" wide might be a little much. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Lower Deflector Larger.jpg
    Lower Deflector Larger.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
I appropriated some clear Memphis Shades lowers that I had sitting around.....I redrilled them to match the R3T mount, and the mounting plate almost completely hides the holes provided on the MS for it's own mounts. At full lock it JUST hits the radiator shroud on both sides. A very small notch would alleviate that, and that is what I will do.

As an update to this post, I ordered 2 sets to verify everyhing on the pattern. I'll post some pictures to show the original and the larger size and then see what kind of interest there is. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money just to have them laying around in case people wanted to buy them. I figured out they will fit in a 14 X 9 1/2 priority bubble wrap flat rate envelope that I can ship for $7.25. Factoring in all my costs I'm still at that $45 to $50 number for a set. I'll keep ya posted...

Back