rash_powder

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I would like to do this mod to my bike. I can't find what K&N part number I need for this. I see a lot of people saying to use RU-2780, but they are all riding standards or classics. I looked under my bear claw, and there isn't a hell of a lot of room under there.

What filters do the touring guys need? If anyone has pics of their install, that would be awesome.

Thanx!

Same filters will work on the R3T. If you plan to leave the bearclaw uncut you will need to rotate the back filter and it will still come in contact with the bearclaw. Its tight, but they will fit.

That said, I cut mine down. It results in better airflow and lower intake air temperatures. Here's how they looked initially. I've since cut the front part off and relocated the overflow bottle under the seat.

Thanks GPMAZ! When I do this I believe I will just attempt to shim the claw out some with a few washers. I don't really feel up to cutting the bike up quite yet.

You can make a small bracket with two holes the same size as the rear mount hole, next to each other. Remove the rubber grommet from the rear mount, attach the bracket to the rear mount with a nut and bolt, insert the grommet in the other hole in the bracket and insert the bearclaw spike through the grommet, thus moving the rear of the bearclaw out a bit.

That's what I did before I cut the bearclaw. It does leave a gap between the bearclaw and the tank, but its only really noticeable from above.

I just gave the rear of the claw a stiff tug outward wearing gloves while it was securely mounted normally. This gave it just a little extra room underneath for the filters. They fit just fine that way until I got around to making some cuts.

Back