R3T Ignition switch faulty won't start.

Ted Gross

Ignoring the facts doesn't change the facts.
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2012
Believe it or not, I have to giggle the key until the headlight stays on and than it will start.

Other than replacing the key switch assembly, does anyone know how to fix it.

Maybe some lub down the keyway?????

or my redneck version, as below.

The lock can be taken apart, but you will need to remove two tamper-proof screws - replace them with regular metric bolts. Then you will need to solder the loose wire back on.

Rocket tow (2).jpg
Ignition switch toast. I took it apart and the wire are burn and not repair able, New switch on it way. All said and done $300.00 Cdn, for shop time, $300.00 Cdn for new special order ignition, switch which I had to install, several hours of trouble shooting and work. Thinking I should have bought a new Gold Wing FFS

This is an interesting development, not only do you have a Touring but it is a 2012. I would have though the switch issues would have been fixed by then. Me thinks you just got a bum switch, not a lot of Touring switches go bad.

bob

Rocket tow (2).jpg
Ignition switch toast. I took it apart and the wire are burn and not repair able, New switch on it way. All said and done $300.00 Cdn, for shop time, $300.00 Cdn for new special order ignition, switch which I had to install, several hours of trouble shooting and work. Thinking I should have bought a new Gold Wing FFS

One question.
Did you or do you know if the bulb in the headlight was changed to a higher wattage. May want to check.

32000 km and yep I F@#^& it up by increase the watts on the fogs when they burnt and I replaced them. How was I to know?

Expensive mistake and I shouldn't have blamed it on the biker. My bad Sorry Buddy

Back