RoadVenture

.060 Over
Has anyone looked into what it would take to transplant the dual headlight arrangement from a RIII to a RIII Touring?

It seems to me that I could almost overlook the speedo on the tank if the R3T had the dual headlights............ :rolleyes:

The biggest reason I even stopped in the dealer to look at the R3T was that I'd heard that it had a single headlight. Dual headlights are fine for the Speed Triple, but I think they look much to small on a bike the size of the Rocket.

I agree, I think they'd look ridiculous on the R3T. Of course, I'm all for others doing ugly things to their bikes. It just makes mine look that much better when we ride together. ;)

Has anyone looked into what it would take to transplant the dual headlight arrangement from a RIII to a RIII Touring?

It seems to me that I could almost overlook the speedo on the tank if the R3T had the dual headlights............ :rolleyes:

I have not, but I believe that the headlight mounting system is different on the touring than the standard/classic.

I believe that you'd have to drill some holes to mount the standard's four-post mounting bracket...two in the top and then two in the bottom. If that's what you want to do, you might consider some of the bottom-mount aftermarket options instead.

For some reason people do lame ****te to bikes in order to personalize them or make them cool and in the end, some of them, the priveledged ones, get restored back to their original design and beauty and get rode on special ocassions and cared for meticulously.

What I'm saying is, if you want to modify it for personal taste, by all means, do it. Just don't bugger up a fine looking bike for the sake of saying I 'customized' it.

There are plenty of fugly ones now.

Back