crazyman

Supercharged
I've been trying to find out if any of our Rocket captains have replaced the handlebars on the R3T. And if so, with what.

I've already put the Rivco risers on and tilted the stock bars as far down as they'll go.

I still find the bars just about 2 inches too far away from my 'natural' position.

I haven't found much with the search function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The only thing then you will have to possibly do is maybe get longer cables made.

Dennis

2-6 dtg Kandahar
8 dtg Dubai
9 dtg Home (single digit midget and birthday boy day today)

Handlebars

You can go to Dennis Kirk online. they have a bunch of 1" handlebars and you don't have to pay the Harley price. I'm looking to change out the bars on my '05 std too.
Good Luck!!:)

Hank,
I only paid $50 bucks for the last set I got from the HD shop.
Craz,
just sit on it (one of their bikes), if you like the feel of the bars get em.
Just keep the bag they come in or the reciept or something.
If after you put em on your bike, you don't like em just as much as you did before,
take em back and trade em in in for some with 2 more inches pullback,
or whatever you think you'll need to get the same "feel".
Like Dennis the birthday boy said,
depending on what you get,
you "may" need new cables.
If you get narrower and futher back,
you may not need cables.

see the Ape's

Check out my photo album. I installed 13 inch apes and am very comfortable. I am 6'3" and the bars are perfectly positioned for cruzing. I could also tilt them forward or back if needed.
The install required longer cables so the entire project gets pricey but was worth it. The bars are 1 1/4 fat bars and I ran the wires inside too.
Now if I could get a free custom paint job...

nice bars mate what else had to be modi to fit. can p.m if u want
The bars bolted up directly. However to run the wires inside I had to pull them out of the connectors and lenghthen them several inches. I also had to order new clutch and brake cables from Barnett and bought dual braided brakelines because the T-fitting was a hard match with the triumph lines. So I have an extra line running from the brake resevior like a dirt bike I guess.
Makes some comfortable riding sitting back a bit.

Back