bobebob

.040 Over
I've finally saved up my money and decided to fork a chunk of it over to upgrade my 2008 R3T (41K) to full dresser. :D

On order:
Hoope Industries Quadzilla Fairing with upgraded stereo and chrome upgrades - $2500
Tsukayu Touring Trunk with luggage rack - $710
Upgraded GPS Garmin Zumo 660 (lifetime maps) - $699
Upgraded Spot Connect (satellite tracker) - $150

I looked at the Tsukayu fairing but got the impression that the electronics components were sub standard. The Hoppe Quadzilla while significantly more expensive strikes me as higher quality. The trunk looked good though.

Yet to order:
Progressive 444 HD Shocks about $600 (not quite out yet - new product)

I probably won't have it all installed until mid-April. But it will be in plenty of time for my sabbatical (8 weeks paid) in July & August.

It'll be sweet for the Durango, CO and Pacific Coast Highway trips I have planned.

I'll post again when I've got it all installed and include pictures.

Gene

8 week paid sabbatical, sounds like an Intel employee. Nice benefit.

You might want to check out the group buy Wayne Tripp is running on Hagon shocks. Save yourself some money for what many consider a better shock than the Progressive.

they make one for the R3T. no adjustments necessary

They are designed to fit the OEM windshield mounts on the touring. Should take all of 20 minutes to install. :)

8 week paid sabbatical, sounds like an Intel employee. Nice benefit.
You might want to check out the group buy Wayne Tripp is running on Hagon shocks. Save yourself some money for what many consider a better shock than the Progressive.

I'll have to do some research on the shocks. I had Pregressive 440 HD's on my old Nomad and loved them. The 444 has an additional feature where it is supposed to respond to the frequency of the bump. I'll check out the Hagon shocks though.

Why, how did you guess about Intel? :D Bum, bum bum bum bum! 15 years. I've been saving up bonuses to pay for the trips and the upgrades.

One of the reasons I left the Harley world was the crap air shocks on the touring bikes. I put after market Progressives, but they weren't any better. I wanted air shocks with dampening control. Air handles little bumps smoothly, but if you get on a road like I-40 West of Memphis, you bottom out if your loaded down. I know the Rocket doesn't have air shocks, but the power makes up for the rougher ride. I did see that Kawasaki has air shocks with dampening control on their Voyager. I wonder if they would fit?

Ask Grant at Xchoppers about Touring, but I can't see no reason why it shouldn't work.

The air preasure is adjustable, so low preasure makes the ride soft and high preasure makes suspension hard.

But with onboard compressor and a switch, you can adjust while riding, perfect for high speed touring with passenger and luggage.

Compressor fits under the sadle :)

I'm using DS and air improved comfort and handling a lot

All in all, one of the best updates on my bike so far

Back