TorontoRider

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
I love my R3T but on longer rides, the footboard height is killing my knees. Is there a lowering kit available for R3T. I really need to do something about this.

Not that im aware of but now that you mention it...my 6ft2in frame could use something that lowers the boards........it does seem like my knees and chest are quite chummy these days :D

mutt

Knee

My knees also bother me but found that turning my highway pegs inside a bit, so my knees aren't fully straight when using them, they are a lot better now. a long trip, 3/4 are with the pegs, the balance on the floorboards. Also helps with an alternative position for my butt... also less pain in the ass...

Attachments

• 2013-07-22 at 18.01.40.jpg
    2013-07-22 at 18.01.40.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 105
  • 2013-07-22 at 18.01.28.jpg
    2013-07-22 at 18.01.28.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 100
My knees also bother me but found that turning my highway pegs inside a bit, so my knees aren't fully straight when using them, they are a lot better now. a long trip, 3/4 are with the pegs, the balance on the floorboards. Also helps with an alternative position for my butt... also less pain in the ass...

I do the same thing so my heel still rest on the floor board when using them, makes for a great long distance riding position:D

Try raising the seat some by jacking up the suspension to see if it helps.
If so, get longer better travel shocks.

I know this is a very old thread. But I wanted to share this again. So, I had this love and hate relation with my R3T. I would get this sharp pain in my knees when ever I rode it. My feet were looking for some more forward space on floorboards and installing the highway pegs helped a little bit but not that much.
Finally, it came to a point that I thought my riding days are over. I went with my friend to test ride an Indian Roadmaster. To my surprise I found it very comfortable and no pressure on my knees. Then I went to Harley and the same feeling there. I was in love with both the motorcycles for their comfort. But when I come back on my R3T, its power was unbeatable. So, I decided to give one last try to my R3T before trading it in.
What did I do...ordered a Corbin seat. I installed it yesterday and what a difference. The whole experience changed. My Rocket is so comfortable now, no pressure on knees, it gives the same feeling as I got while riding Harley and Indian. The Rocket feels so easy to maneuver now, I was so comfortable that I just kept riding for 3 hours continuously. I would highly recommend this seat. My original seat was the Touring with Backrest.

I know this is a very old thread. But I wanted to share this again. So, I had this love and hate relation with my R3T. I would get this sharp pain in my knees when ever I rode it. My feet were looking for some more forward space on floorboards and installing the highway pegs helped a little bit but not that much.
Finally, it came to a point that I thought my riding days are over. I went with my friend to test ride an Indian Roadmaster. To my surprise I found it very comfortable and no pressure on my knees. Then I went to Harley and the same feeling there. I was in love with both the motorcycles for their comfort. But when I come back on my R3T, its power was unbeatable. So, I decided to give one last try to my R3T before trading it in.
What did I do...ordered a Corbin seat. I installed it yesterday and what a difference. The whole experience changed. My Rocket is so comfortable now, no pressure on knees, it gives the same feeling as I got while riding Harley and Indian. The Rocket feels so easy to maneuver now, I was so comfortable that I just kept riding for 3 hours continuously. I would highly recommend this seat. My original seat was the Touring with Backrest.
Toronto, is this an off the shelf Corbin, or is it made to your specific request, such as your height and weight?
Thanks, Eric

Back