dbutton12

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
My R3T has just turned 35K miles and I know I'm gonna have to do rear tire this winter. I service the splines on the final drive and trans output each time I do a rear tire which is usually every 6-8K miles. The splines have been getting steadily worse each time I service ( I always use the Honda special Moly lubricant) and I'm just waiting for that time when I accelerate and the splines finally let go. The splines on the final drive are slightly worse than the splines on the trans output, but I would hesitate to just replace the final drive as that may make the trans output wear even faster and possibly damage the new final drive. Just looking for some thoughts on the matter from some who have run into this issue. I dont know for sure, but I believe the touring final drive is different from the roadster or standard. Thanks in advance

My R3T has just turned 35K miles and I know I'm gonna have to do rear tire this winter. I service the splines on the final drive and trans output each time I do a rear tire which is usually every 6-8K miles. The splines have been getting steadily worse each time I service ( I always use the Honda special Moly lubricant) and I'm just waiting for that time when I accelerate and the splines finally let go. The splines on the final drive are slightly worse than the splines on the trans output, but I would hesitate to just replace the final drive as that may make the trans output wear even faster and possibly damage the new final drive. Just looking for some thoughts on the matter from some who have run into this issue. I dont know for sure, but I believe the touring final drive is different from the roadster or standard. Thanks in advance
Yes all touring bevel boxs are 90 degree bevels and standard roadster style is 85 degrees. They are not interchangable.

You probably wont hurt it, unless youre 300hp and a hooligan, keep lubing and changing fluid regularly, i use tungsten sulfide in grease and lucas diff oil, but if you have a failure you can get diff, axel, drive shaft, as a set most of the time, i happen to have a complete unit ready so if you break before me you maybe in luck but im trying hard :roll: so don’t worry ride it like you stole it, these drive shafts are made by lambo and the diffs rarely fail.

Back