R3T--Fastest Production Touring Bike On Earth?

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
VMAX has convinced some folks that it's a cruiser, but it sure as hell can't pretend to be a tourer. Is any production tourer as fast as the R3T? I've got a feeling that the correct answer is a resounding "HELL NO!"

Good luck answering that one - define 'fastest' and 'Tourer'. There are a couple of BMW's with better acceleration and top end, FJ 1300's are fast all round and so is Duck's ST4. If a tourer has to have a windshield then its a different ball game...

I think the difference is between "tourer" and "Cruiser". There are a million sport tourers faster than my R3T: Triumph's own 1200 Trophy; BWM 1600 GT & GT-L; the aforementioned FJ1300; Honda's St1300 - I could go on and on.

But as far as Cruisers / baggers go - I think it's no contest with the R3T and everything else.

WELL it is a fact that you can change the exhaust and retune and produce 165+ rear wheel hp and thats hard to beat and top speed will be faster than you would want to run on a bagger

Fastest "production" touring bike...that would actually be the Gold Wing I am sad to say. I love the R3T and it is as fast as I need a bike to be but the Gold Wing is pretty hard to beat with that 4 spkr stereo, cruise control, heated seats and grips, trunk and don't forget the reverse gear (very handy in a 800+lb bike). Horse power GW=119 HP versus R3T = 107 HP but the R3T does overwhelm the Gold Wing in torque...GW=125 ft/lbs versus R3T= 154 ft/lbs (if I remember right). In an ideal world...I would have both.

Dennis

THE fact is you can just retune the R3T and smoke the goldwing and you cant do anything with the wing i have a bud that owns both and his tuned Triumph leaves the gold wing for dead I dont care for the Wing way too hot in the summer and not a comfy ridewith that Mushy seat and stuck in 1 position and hot feet also I tortured my bud when he only had the wing with my stone stock 09 classic

Back