1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
So im thinking ahead for a winter project and I realize that I do miss having a stereo. I searched the threads here for fairings and have seen a few that might interest me. Corbin is definitely out. I have it narrowed down to the Tsukayu or the one from Wide Open. Wide open seems to have a sturdy fairing with a good stereo system for the price. Many of the threads are older so I am looking for some thoughts on how these fairings have held up over the past few years. Concerns such as mounting ease, rattles, sound of the radio, fit and finish and your overall thoughts on these fairings would be appreciated. Pics would be nice too if you can do it.

Thanks!!

Loved the wide open one I had guys at last years RAA can tell you how it sounded I did have a amp and focial speakers witch I think I still have that will fit right in the amp I had in the air box because I ran the K&N pods Fit was ez to ez thought I did something wrong yes you have to paint this one no rattels and survived the crash better than most any other part on the bike

Attachments

• IMG_1746.JPG
    IMG_1746.JPG
    845.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    974.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    970 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    836.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    874.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1017213_1390666711145662_381607631_n.jpg
    1017213_1390666711145662_381607631_n.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
Loved the wide open one I had guys at last years RAA can tell you how it sounded I did have a amp and focial speakers witch I think I still have that will fit right in the amp I had in the air box because I ran the K&N pods Fit was ez to ez thought I did something wrong yes you have to paint this one no rattels and survived the crash better than most any other part on the bike

Thanks for the pics. It looks well made. I have the quick detach shield (with a key). Does it use the same mountings?
Thanks for posting.

OK, just went through the Wide Open site and found their install guide. Guess it mounts with the windshield brackets. I figure 1500 including matching paint. Guess some Christmas OT will come in handy for this.

Last edited:
So im thinking ahead for a winter project and I realize that I do miss having a stereo. I searched the threads here for fairings and have seen a few that might interest me. Corbin is definitely out. I have it narrowed down to the Tsukayu or the one from Wide Open. Wide open seems to have a sturdy fairing with a good stereo system for the price. Many of the threads are older so I am looking for some thoughts on how these fairings have held up over the past few years. Concerns such as mounting ease, rattles, sound of the radio, fit and finish and your overall thoughts on these fairings would be appreciated. Pics would be nice too if you can do it.

Thanks!!

Winter has not come so figured would add a comment. I have a Hoppe Quadzilla Fairing on my R3T and I'm very happy with it. Prior to purchasing my R3T I rode a Yamaha Stratoliner with Hoppe fairing and both were great. Also Hoppe personnel are always available during business hours to speak with you and answer questions, they are also on the road at Americaid and willing to make adjustments to fairing at shows and talk to you. Tsukayu rarely if ever answer the phone, when I was looking for a fairing I left them more than 4 messages on VM and it look them about 2 weeks to return my calls. Had I purchased a fairing from them and had questions during install would have not been good. I agree with you on Corbin and looked at Wide Open as well, but in the end I went with Hoppe because my previous experience with them was great and continues to be great. Good luck!

I have a tsukayu batwing fairing for my r3t it sitting in the garage. I had it on my bike for a little while I did not like it . The two reasons I took it off 1 at high speeds around 90 95 the bike would start to wobble . With stock windshield bike will run straight as an arrow up till I hit the speed limiter and it made the front end seam top heavy in low speed turns it was like the bike wanted to fall over.

I have a tsukayu batwing fairing for my r3t it sitting in the garage. I had it on my bike for a little while I did not like it . The two reasons I took it off 1 at high speeds around 90 95 the bike would start to wobble . With stock windshield bike will run straight as an arrow up till I hit the speed limiter and it made the front end seam top heavy in low speed turns it was like the bike wanted to fall over.

I commented earlier on the Hoppe Fairing and to follow up on your comment regarding top speeds. I purchased my R3T in Midland Texas and I live in NJ. I had the Hoppe Quadzilla fairing painted and shipped to Triumph dealer in Midland so I could listen to music on the ride back to NJ. I hit speeds up to 120mph regularly on the ride back and the bike rode straight as an arrow and smooth as silk, no wobble what so ever. I did add the airwings. At lower speeds below 10mph on slow tight turns you can "feel" the added weight of the fairing but it's something I've gotten used to and handle well.

Buffalo Soldier I am happy that your fairing works for you. Mine did not work for me. I rode me bike with the fairing on from RI to south west FL and back and every time I would get up to about 90 to 95 i would start to get the wobble. I just did not like the way the bike rode with the fairing on. Just sharing my experience with the tsukayu.:)

Back