R3T engine don't like starting in the morning!

pomeroy

.040 Over
Ride
(2010) R3T Grinnall Trike
Problem with my 2010 R3T, (HELP) ; Clutch in, hit ignition and engine fires up. After a few minutes idle, I pull away and the engine dies after 100 yards, (dash lights on). Fire up again, and die again after a short hop. This stop start thing go on for 3 to 5 times every morning and then settle down to normal for the rest of the day. Some times I have to wait a few minutes before power come back to the ignition switch, and the point of engine cut out can happen when rolling, and also at point of engage 1st gear from stationary. What ya reckon guys!.

The fact that you say you have to wait for power to come back to the switch and that it cuts out while rolling makes it sound like the infamous ignition switch gremlin to me. Next time it stalls/cuts out and you are stationary, and no power to switch, try turning the bars from stop to stop whilst the key is turned. (Unless you relocated your ignition switch.)

The fact that you say you have to wait for power to come back to the switch and that it cuts out while rolling makes it sound like the infamous ignition switch gremlin to me. Next time it stalls/cuts out and you are stationary, and no power to switch, try turning the bars from stop to stop whilst the key is turned. (Unless you relocated your ignition switch.)
Thanx I tried to go out this morning, started up and as soon as I shift into 1st, the engine died. Hit the ignition again, she fired up and died again on engaging gear. After 3 attempts (start/die) I had to wait for power to come back to the switch a couple of more times, even tried doing the waggle of the bars from side to side with no luck. Took around seven hits before I got away from the kerb this morning. "RIPPIN MA HAIR OUT HERE"

First cables, next check ISCV and adjust if needed. If you start it up and don't move it will it idle?[/QUOTY
First cables, next check ISCV and adjust if needed. If you start it up and don't move it will it idle?
Yeah I can start up and leave it to idle while I get my locks off and my helmet/gloves on (a few minutes perhaps) then select 1st gear and die!

Back