R3T Dyno Tune

MaxB

Standard bore
Ride
2011 R3T
Hi Guys - new to this thread and only a week or so on R3O. I have an R3T - had is for 5.5 years, pretty much from new (ex-demo). The first things I did for tuning after the warranty ran out was to flash the ECU with Power Tripps de-restriction tune and added a K&N filter - amazing difference right there - no longer ran out of wheaties mid rev range. I then added TOR's exhaust the following year. Great sound and perhaps a little more grunt but started to run a bit hot - which apparently is not unusual when adding performance exhaust. Then earlier this year I had the Power Commander V added and a Dyno Tune. I was hoping that this would add power and get the hot running under control. Note quite... The power and it's delivery is good, not spectacular but very nice. The guy that tuned it reckoned it was running really rich so dialed the fuel back to get the mix right so now of course she runs hotter than before. Not had the warning light come on yet but haven't ridden in the Aussie summer heat yet either. As and example, on a 20c degree day at idle the fan comes on a stays on and she smells like hot metal/coolant. Will be interesting how she goes on a 30 to 35c degree day but hoping that keeping moving will be the answer. Anyone else had similar issues or have a perspective on this?
Dyno numbers for those interested are: (Power Tripps Tune ECU de-restriction tune, K&N filter + TOR's exhaust)
125.14 HP
143.66 Torque

That's odd. @Kojack1970 replied - I got an email - but it has not appeared on this feed here. So, Kojack1970. Yes I was referring to the air filter box under the seat - I just changed out the standard filter for the K&N at the same time as I flashed the ECU with Power Tripps map. Interesting re your comments that this change makes little difference and that really the main issue with intake is all the plumbing - yeah that makes sense - may be that's my next mod now I have the Power Commander on board

Last edited:
Back