ABS brakes are on some R3T's, that was one of the changes for the 2010's (or was it 2011). They are not standard equipment but can be optioned from the factory or they come from the factory that way.

Are there any ABS'd R3T owners out there that would care to chime in?

Dennis

76 dtg Dubai
77 dtg Home for good!

The R3T began production in 2008 and has remained relatively unchanged. Since ABS was not available back then, Triumph has spent its development dollors (pounds?) elsewhere. The R3 Roadster was a minor update to the earlier Std and Classic models so while they had the can open, they threw in the ABS functionality. It will most likely be standard on the R3T soon since it costs Triumph more to offer it as an option rather than just putting it on all of them.

Standard ABS

Bought a 2011 Roadster last week and mine had the ABS. checked with triumph to see if i could get one without to save some money and found it was standard.

I went back and tried to find the link that mentioned the ABS availability on the R3T and so far cannot find it. I'll continue to search for it and I'll ask my dealer if they remember it as I was discussing it with them before I decided to get the Thunderbird instead.

The reason, at the time, that I didn't go with the R3T (this is after I decided to not get the Stallion) was that the new colors were not up my alley...I wanted a red and black and it wasn't happening...that is when I decided to go for the 2010 T-bird. But one of the reasons that I was looking at the R3T initially was of the "upcoming" ABS availability that was being reported.

Dennis

75 dtg Dubai
76 dtg Home for good!

Red and Black

Molinoman, you just opened up another can of worms. I too want the Red and Black R3T. What does Triumph have against a great looking color scheme? Maybe they felt they couldn't keep up with the demand if the bike actually had a great looking paint job. If they come out in 2012 with Red and Black with ABS and cruise and I will uncrate the beast myself.;)

Warntire, s far as skill goes, I have always thought of myself a pretty decent rider. I've played around on Big Sport Bikes for years and with God's grace, gotten out of some pretty hairy situations trying to push to hard. If you will look at my previous Threads from last year, I totaled my Black and White R3T when I inadvertently locked up the rear wheel trying to avoid a cage. I was able to maneuver around it, but the temporary locking up got me in a tank slapper that I couldn't recover. I've been riding almost 30 years and that was the first time anything like that has happened to me. With my Harley's they were easier to control. I am thinking the extra weight of the R3T is the reason. Not sure, but I still love the Rocket.:D

Abs

Molinoman, I remember that in late 2010 the R3T showed ABS on the Triumph Website, but the dealer confirmed in his manual that they were not ABS. Not even offered. Now it isn't on there. I'm thinking Totalmotorcycle.com website said it also.

Back