BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
The R3T is a well thought out bike. There is not a lot of things you really need to do to it. Thought I would add some photos of the creature features I have found useful. I also have Triumph adjustable highway pegs on her.

Last edited:
NICE! ...and I agree. Everyone has their own tastes and I prefer a more simple ride with a just few long-haul comforts. I did add the riders backrest. I like what you did with that 4x6. I may have to consider such a build myself.
-MIG

NICE! ...and I agree. Everyone has their own tastes and I prefer a more simple ride with a just few long-haul comforts. I did add the riders backrest. I like what you did with that 4x6. I may have to consider such a build myself.
-MIG

I would recommend starting with a 2 x 8 that is 6 feet long. I used a 3/4 3 foot pipe for a handle. Cut the 2 x 8 in two and then screw them together. That should give you an inch more than mine. (I should not have said that) 6.5 is just enough to level the bike. You can always cut it down a bit if you want.

The wooden lifter is nice but I prefer metal (Becker-Technik rocket 3 - Lifter d 8mm). This one is great also for winter storage.

triumph-rocket-3-lifter.jpg

The wooden one is cheaper I agree....

The wooden lifter is nice but I prefer metal (Becker-Technik rocket 3 - Lifter d 8mm). This one is great also for winter storage.

triumph-rocket-3-lifter.jpg

The wooden one is cheaper I agree....

Can you move the bike around with those wheels? I like that lift. I did the wooden one, but one of the issues I see is I cannot use it for an oil change. The other is you do have to leave the side with the pipe long enough to clear he bags and bars. If I can move the bike around in the garage with that one it would be great.

No it´s not for moving. You need the wheels to lift the beast. I use it for washing the bike, maintenance, repairs and winter storage as I mentioned earlier. Great product.

Update and some thoughts.

So I did 572 miles this past weekend. Mostly scenic roads. Everything performed wonderfully.

I really love the X Creen it is perfect. I was able to adjust it so the wind hit the vent on my HJC perfectly. It seems to really smooth out the airflow. At one point when I got on the interstate at about 85 I was not happy because I was getting a lot of buffeting then I realized I still have to visor open. Problem solved.

I can hear the TORS, but they are not dominating by any means.

USB mod Rocks

Throttle assist is simple and effective.

It amazes me how much attention this bike draws and how intimidated people are by it. Since getting it in April I turned over 4500 miles and we are adjusting to each other well. Sometimes I feel like Zeus and the Rocket is my lightening bolt.

The only issue I have had is when I am stopped. Picked her up 3 times so far, but Triumph must have known this because with the bars on the front and back she does not have a mark on her.

Had one kid in a BMW thinking he was going to cut me off going from two lane to one. Not a chance thanks HansO. All he saw was my tail lights.

Oh and yes the Pledge was in the saddle bag and demoed.

Last edited:
Back