RescueRev

.020 Over
I am thinking when I get my R3T I would like to remove the windshield and replace it with a Corbin Fleetline fairing. Has anyone done this and what do you think of the fairing? I would like to pull a cargo tailor with my R3T. So any information you have on that would be great like type and model and how they worked? Pros and cons would be great.

Thanks,
RescueRev

T Evans has a good looking fairing on his Classic, I'm envious. He says it's a little bit of a problem up around 150mph though ... :D LOL

Yup, that's what I said ... Classic. I suggested yours because it looks like it came with it factory. Figured wherever you got it might make one with the single headlight.
I don't know what yours looks like from the riders point of view T, but from the outside it's definitely "Classic". ;)

So Mr T,

Where did you get the fairing on your bike? It looks great and that's the kind of fairing I want on my R3T. Anything you could tell me about it would be great.

RescueRev

Hopefully, here's a few pics of the Corbin Fleetliner on my R3T.

High quality fiberglass fairing. Paint color match was good but it began to slightly peel around the trim beneath the windshield in just a few weeks. Not very noticeable but should not have happened at all.

I ordered it with the 10 inch shield and wish it was about 3 inches taller. I'm 5' 11" and at highway speeds there is a little head buffeting. It is not adjustable so there is no easy way to stand the shield up a little straighter which I think would help. I have a taller replacement Harley shield but haven't got around to installing it.

The fairing extends out over the grips and makes a tremendous difference in winter riding. Deflects most of the direct wind from the hands. With a good pair of gloves, I've ridden for almost an hour in sub-freezing temps without a problem. Might have to look into heated grips if you want to extend this time.

It mounts using the existing shield mounts, so removal and cleanup is no more difficult than with your OEM shield. The inside of the shell does seem to collect a lot of road dirt.

It will work with the Triumph Driving Lights and and engine guard which was an important consideration for me. There is also room to mount a windshield bag without blocking access to the key switch.

Hope this helps,
db

Does anyone know if Triumph got around to "improving" the heated grips for the R3T? Last I remember some were having trouble with them not being as well made as the ones for the regular R3 Standard and Classic.

Dennis

185 dtg Dubai
186 dtg Home (Stallion and Triumph ordering/buying time)

Is there that big of a difference between the two that the heated grips are different? My standard grips were just like the stockers with just a wire hanging out one end.

Supposedly the R3T grips are different and are cheaply made. I just wondered if Triumph ever "upgraded" them like they did the front dresser (crash) bars.

Dennis

184 dtg Dubai
185 dtg Home (Stallion and Triumph ordering/buying time)

Back