R3R with Staintune Performance Exhaust Tune

R3Rider

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi All,

Now that I have my 2011 R3R I would like some advice from you guys as to tuning etc.

My bike is fitted with Staintune Performance exhaust system (not sure of part number) see photo, this may help identify?
I have just email the previous owner to find out if the bike had been re-mapped once this was installed (so once I have the answer I'll let you know).
I have found popping on deceleration and think this may be due to running lean based on other threads I have read? I'm no expert in this area at all which is why I am posting this.

Where do I get a cable from?
And how do I download Tune ECU?
Is this the best way to re tune the bike and ensure it is setup correctly?
And does any one have a tune for this setup? Beside the exhaust everything else is std.
I've also been running std unleaded 91.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Attachments

• gc4992361147128745812.jpg
    gc4992361147128745812.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 16
Ok so i had reply from the previous owner who has told me that the tune has note been done.
I called two Triumph dealers today (Same company no secret PS is the only Melbourne Metro Dealer). One wanted to charge me $255 for loading the after market exhaust tune and the other $63.25 amazing, same company and what a difference. i have a ride this Sunday with the Triumph Owner Motorcycle Club (I'm a member is anyone else on here?) so anyway wanted to get the tune done prior.
I will get the cable for Tune ECU and do future tunes etc myself...

Didn't see your thread earlier, sorry. What you want is a good cable that's known to work - the cable isn't just a cable, it's a converter that allows the computer to talk to the bike, so it has to have the right electronics in it. A well-known and known-good cable can be had from http://www.lonelec.co.uk - I picked mine up there and mapped just fine with it.

Then you just need a Windows laptop and to hit up and grab the software and the right map from there. There are also pretty thorough instructions. You can, in theory, convert your bike into a big paperweight but in practice I doubt it.

has tunes. If this is an entirely changed out exhaust system from the headers on down, maybe the Jardine tune. Otherwise, one made for TORS might do the trick; someone else with more experience of changing out exhausts might want to chime in.

Of course, ideally you should get the bike up on a dyno and have it dialed in perfectly, but that will probably cost some.

When you get your cord, make sure you have internet access, plug the cord into the computer, and follow the prompts to look for the software on the internet to download the software for the cord on your computer. I made that mistake, took me awhile and some research to learn I didn't do it, then hooking up to the bike and loading maps is pretty easy.

When you get your cord, make sure you have internet access, plug the cord into the computer, and follow the prompts to look for the software on the internet to download the software for the cord on your computer. I made that mistake, took me awhile and some research to learn I didn't do it, then hooking up to the bike and loading maps is pretty easy.

Thanks for the heads up Sensfan.

Cheers
Jason

Didn't see your thread earlier, sorry. What you want is a good cable that's known to work - the cable isn't just a cable, it's a converter that allows the computer to talk to the bike, so it has to have the right electronics in it. A well-known and known-good cable can be had from http://www.lonelec.co.uk - I picked mine up there and mapped just fine with it.

Then you just need a Windows laptop and to hit up and grab the software and the right map from there. There are also pretty thorough instructions. You can, in theory, convert your bike into a big paperweight but in practice I doubt it.

has tunes. If this is an entirely changed out exhaust system from the headers on down, maybe the Jardine tune. Otherwise, one made for TORS might do the trick; someone else with more experience of changing out exhausts might want to chime in.

Of course, ideally you should get the bike up on a dyno and have it dialed in perfectly, but that will probably cost some.
Cheers cr0ft,

Great advice, I'll get the tune loaded from dealer and see how that goes and then get the cable and take a look at tunecu.

Thanks Jason

G'day Jason...I'm disappointed I didn't pick this thread up sooner!

I have Staintunes wrapped in plastic in my storage unit because I couldn't find a tune from TuneECU to suit (i have Triumph triple filters at the moment - dealer fitted). The only 2 tunes I could get from Triumph here in the West were for TORS. Can't see that a tors tune would be too far from what's required but I decided to wait and save my pennies for a proper dynotune just to be on the safe side.

I'm keen to hear how you get on mate

Mike

G'day Jason...I'm disappointed I didn't pick this thread up sooner!

I have Staintunes wrapped in plastic in my storage unit because I couldn't find a tune from TuneECU to suit (i have Triumph triple filters at the moment - dealer fitted). The only 2 tunes I could get from Triumph here in the West were for TORS. Can't see that a tors tune would be too far from what's required but I decided to wait and save my pennies for a proper dynotune just to be on the safe side.

I'm keen to hear how you get on mate

Mike
No probs Mike,

I'll post on this thread as I go. The pipes have been fitted for quite some time by previous owner, I just hope no damage has been done, so far there seems to be nothing wrong with the bike, just popping a little in low gears approaching lights etc. It also seems to drink fuel, last tank only got 250k's roughly...

Cheers
Jason

Jason,
The best thing to do is get a Dyno tune done.
Next best thing would be send @HansO a PM.
Although he is in the US at the moment doing RAA X.
(Lucky Bastard)

Back