ThingKing

Child in Time
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster, 2022 Hayabusa
Sometimes things happen fast, especially around Christmas!
A friend of a friend needed to sell it quickly, offered a good (for European standards) price and I took it.
Now the Rocket has a brother in the garage, not exactly a little brother though... same weight, and almost the same engine size.

V2KC.jpg

It's a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic, and if I remember correctly the V2K was the biggest production motorcycle until the Rocket came out.

I have the same combo.
The V2K came out in 2004, same as the R3. It is/was the largest production V-Twin. I bought my V2K new in 2004, put over 80K on it until my R3R in 2012.
A fine motor, but NO R3R!

I traded my 2004 V2K in for the Rocket in 2014, now I got one again. Seems that engine sticks on me. Great to have both of them now!
Bull, do you still use it often? Or does it collect spiderwebs, next to a CES Rocket?

I traded my 2004 V2K in for the Rocket in 2014, now I got one again. Seems that engine sticks on me. Great to have both of them now!
Bull, do you still use it often? Or does it collect spiderwebs, next to a CES Rocket?

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what brand of windscreen to you have on your Rocket ThingKing? It looks great.

George

I like the big V-Twin and thought I'd ride it more, but the R3R is just TOO much fun!
I break it out for Halloween Ghost Rider rides around the neighborhood.
Sits so long the battery is dead. Would like to sell, but value is in the toilet.

Awesome bike. Well done.

Remove the engine guards, rear bags and sissy bar thingy, solo the seat and you'll be set. V-Twin motorcycles are meant to be slim.

Had an '05 Rogue before the Rocket. Wish I had kept it. I'm always looking at what's out there for V2K's. There's a good video on YouTube of Jay Leno getting an '04 Rogue.

Awesome bike. Well done.

Remove the engine guards, rear bags and sissy bar thingy, solo the seat and you'll be set. V-Twin motorcycles are meant to be slim.

Update: bags and sissy bar removed, ape hanger and V&H Powershots are on the way... it will never keep up with my R3R on the road, but it's gonna be a lot of fun, too!

Back