R3R Seat change ideas

Rob D

Bolted Dolt
I've installed bags on my R3R and was thinking about a more comfortable seat. It seems I am essentially changing the bike into a R3T. Bags & Windscreen installed)
Any ideas on new seats to add super comfort for 2 up?

Corbin did mine, and the wife and I love it. The other is Russel day long I believe. I don't personal care for the look, but I've heard you can beat the comfort of it. His is a custom set up to you!

Corbin did mine, and the wife and I love it. The other is Russel day long I believe. I don't personal care for the look, but I've heard you can beat the comfort of it. His is a custom set up to you!

Thanks, I had a Corbin on my old bike and liked it. I know wifey would like a little more padding and my spine wouldn't mind it either.

I'll look at Corbin. I guess they make them for R3R. Easy enough to find out.

Thanks again.

Troy- corbin doesn't list a separate seat for the roadster vs the standard. Did you specify that yours is a roadster when you ordered? Would you say the corbin has a lower seat height or is it the same as stock?

Troy- corbin doesn't list a separate seat for the roadster vs the standard. Did you specify that yours is a roadster when you ordered? Would you say the corbin has a lower seat height or is it the same as stock?

I specified the roadster when I called to make sure. The seat higher is a little lower. Maybe a couple of inches or so.

I can make your seat fit to the rider .lower or higher to fit the taller riders and us shorter guys.
and I use a medical gel it's a half inch thick it's used for wheel chairs and orthopaedic hospital bed to prevent bed sores, also used for a lot of truckers for long driving, the individual squares move separate giving your comfort for a long time siting and I use a qulax foam one inch for that extra soft comfort.
I have been doing upholstery for well over 30 years, I discovered this gel when my grandma was in a wheel chair and complain her butt was sore all the time and seen how expensive these gel seats were so I made her one and she just loved it.
So now I just want to do small stuff because of my bad back, so decided to do motorcycle seats and thought of using this gel.
I did a couple for my own bike and love them, as you can see the Corbin one I did over I put a lower back support this way I don't sloutch and now my lower back does not get sore:)
I also use a very high quality leather or I can do vinyl for those who Prefers that
These are a few ideas that I could do .
And will stand behind 100% on my workmanship

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I specified the roadster when I called to make sure. The seat higher is a little lower. Maybe a couple of inches or so.

Lower by 2 inches is a LOT of difference for seat height!
Are you sure about this or just guessing?
If it was for sure a full inch lower, I would buy . . .

I make the whole custom seat, You send me a picture of you sitting on the bike tell me what look you want, and I will do it.
I'm not sure about other rockets my seat has a latch that the seat fits in so the taller people should be sitting back there and the seat and need to put the pacing the gel and foam works great.or your get pain in your tail bone.the seat will be higher for those taller guys, but me only being 5 8 I can sit in front so I could easily go 3 inches lower, but that's on the 05 Rocket . But my floor boards is high so that would be too low for me if I had the pegs could work but then I'll be looking through my windshield:)

Lower by 2 inches is a LOT of difference for seat height!
Are you sure about this or just guessing?
If it was for sure a full inch lower, I would buy . . .
He can make anything you want,when he did my seat,I wanted back 2 inches and raised 1 inch, I used to get a kink in my back on longer rides,I thought it was me fault the way I was sitting,not terrible,just had to have a good stretch while riding to get it out. The seat he made for me has eliminated that completely :thumbsup:, it worked out for me.

Back