Negative Ghostrider, the fender is full.

Classic R3's run a 240 fat tire in back whilst we run a 180. I don't believe that there is enought room to fit the bigger tire.

And there are at least 2 reasons off the top of my head why you wouldn't want to.

1. The narrower tire on the touring gives us a lot more ground clearance for the twisties compared to the classic. Cornering is a breeze (comparatively) on the touring.

2. Our rear tire is one hell of a lot cheaper than the classic 240. (darkside not withstanding)

While I think that the fat tire on the back looks cool, in my opinion it is a liability when it comes to carving up the twisties (not to mention your checkbook).

Negative Ghostrider, the fender is full.

Classic R3's run a 240 fat tire in back whilst we run a 180. I don't believe that there is enought room to fit the bigger tire.

And there are at least 2 reasons off the top of my head why you wouldn't want to.

1. The narrower tire on the touring gives us a lot more ground clearance for the twisties compared to the classic. Cornering is a breeze (comparatively) on the touring.

2. Our rear tire is one hell of a lot cheaper than the classic 240. (darkside not withstanding)

While I think that the fat tire on the back looks cool, in my opinion it is a liability when it comes to carving up the twisties (not to mention your checkbook).
+1 :D (add to get around the 15 character minimum)

mutt

But would it bolt up if you went to the dark side? I see dark side tires on the R3T and they look too wide about to pop off. I see this bike as a truck for hauling and pulling. My ZX14 is my get up and smoke it ride.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back