Btubbs2

Serving others is what matters most.
Ride
Triumph rocket III touring
I've been looking all over google and images to find a decent touring solo seat that isn't bulky but more bare bones. Anyone have any leads. I have the '13 r3 touring and I'm looking for something in saddle leather.

Thanks

Yeh .. Welcome. Be nice of you to introduce yourself before asking for assistance.... don't you think.

Also helps if you let us know where on the planet you are.

Guessing you tried Corbin ?

Sure thing, name is Barry, live in Granbury, tx. Just picked up the rocket from Eurosport Fort Worth on Tuesday. Been looking for a while, previously owned 03 custom speedmaster (beautiful bike that I traded for huge four wheeler at hunting season), 05 Harley dyna-glide, and 74 sportster shovel head.

I'm new to the forum thing so wasn't sure how to dive in. As far as Corbin, yes I've looked. They are just limited on the touring selection, not to mention pretty stinkin expensive. I've thought about getting a solo from pure-triumph or similar sites and having the seat chopped down and recovered, but that gets a bit spendy too.

Thanks for the reply.

image.jpg This is the bike!

Welcome aboard. Not sure where you'd get a seat like that. Sounds interesting though, if a little form-over-function.
Probably a custom job be the best route.

Welcome aboard. Not sure where you'd get a seat like that. Sounds interesting though, if a little form-over-function.
Probably a custom job be the best route.
Welcome Bazza from Aussie land, Your 2013 looks exactly like my 2011 R3T same colour scheme except mine came with the pillion backrest and carry rack ,We have an upholsterer in our Hot Rod Club that does reconstructions for us ,most auto upholsterers would be able to make one for but at a price!

Welcome aboard Btubbs.
the corbin solo for the r3t looks great, but you're right it is pricey.

Last edited:
Corbin may be my only option, unless I can find a used us god or double ad redress it. The solo is for me around town, so not needed for function so much. Have the original seat for long hauls and passenger.

I do enjoy the torque though! Man alive. Having new pipes and breathing system installed next tues. looking forward to more power and better sound.

Corbin may be my only option, unless I can find a used us god or double ad redress it. The solo is for me around town, so not needed for function so much. Have the original seat for long hauls and passenger.

I do enjoy the torque though! Man alive. Having new pipes and breathing system installed next tues. looking forward to more power and better sound.

Thing about the Rockets , not a real lot of aftermarket bits or even suppliers. Makes Owners a bit inventive and customise or modify what's at hand ... kind of like in the old days. Before there were telephone book sized catalogues full of what's really ... bling and junk. Lot of satisfaction to be had "going your own way" making your bike your own I reckon.

Back