Ride
2004 Rocket
Hi guys.
Bike runs ok.
When I try to turn it off with the key it keeps running.
Have a look at the attached photo.
You'll see that the 15amp fuse is removed, then the bike will stop.
Even without the key in the ignition, when I put the 15amp fuse back in the fuel pump and stripper motors whizz and whirr.
I'm running out of things to try so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180716_183425.jpg
    20180716_183425.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi guys.
Bike runs ok.
When I try to turn it off with the key it keeps running.
Have a look at the attached photo.
You'll see that the 15amp fuse is removed, then the bike will stop.
Even without the key in the ignition, when I put the 15amp fuse back in the fuel pump and stripper motors whizz and whirr.
I'm running out of things to try so any help would be appreciated.
I’d be looking at the ignition switch...assuming the kill switch still kills the motor?
The ignition switch is known to be problematic...time for keyless perhaps?
If you search on the forums there is a lot of info around this and also how to’s

I’d be looking at the ignition switch...assuming the kill switch still kills the motor?
The ignition switch is known to be problematic...time for keyless perhaps?
If you search on the forums there is a lot of info around this and also how to’s
Keyless would be great, would need a fob and receiver of some sort. I bet someone in USA has invented it already.

Yes it's been around for a few years. @idk has a list of mods in his signature line.
Keyless is less than 20 dollars. Follow the link below
Index of /r3docs
I did this a while back...works like a dream. I made up a connector so that I didn’t need to cut or solder into the harness. There are heaps of 12vdc remote relays on eBay...just make sure that it’s rated to more than 14 volts power supply.

Back