Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Hello everyone, I have a little dilemma I'm hoping for a little insight. I have been reading reviews, watching you tube videos and talking to as many people I can find to seek their opinions on the R3 roadster. I went down to our local Triumph dealership today to pull the trigger on ordering an R3 but I have never test drove the bike. I'm in the military and over the last couple of years when they had demo nights I was always away, go figure, just my luck. The only bike I was able to even sit on was the R3 touring, 2012, not quite the same as the roadster. Anyway once I got in the saddle, I felt right at home.
I have rode the M109R, Yamaha Raider, Victory Hammer and the HD VRod, all nice bikes but I keep coming back to the R3. I've even considered the 2013 Triumph Thunderbird Storm, beautiful bike, when I was in the showroom sitting in the saddle I found myself peeking over my shoulder to look at the R3, I only wish they had the roadster on the floor, if they did I probably would have signed the papers and this post would probably read quit a bit different. Unfortunately all the 2013 bikes have been ordered and sold so once again I won't get a chance to test drive. Not having much luck and all that said I love this bike.
The dealer did give me the option to order a 2014 now so that I could have it for next spring. This would allow me to pay on the bike for a little over a year interest free and take advantage of any incentives that pop up. It is hard to sign the papers when I have not had the pleasure of a test drive or even see the roadster in person. I'm 95% sold on this bike, and was wondering if anyone else purchased their R3 without a test drive and if so, are you happy with your decision. Thanks
Kevin

If it's power you crave and something different from the crowd you are looking at the right bike. Purchased my Roadster and have no regrets whatsoever. Test drove the R3T and was not impressed. The Roadster is a totally different animal or should I say Beast. Good Luck...

Thanks

In fact, look for post by me and you'll find a comprehensive write up on the test drive of both.

Found it and thanks. The dealer here is good, nice fellas the problem here is that they are the only dealer in my city, the next is 3 hours away. They have good stock but they are a fairly small shop. My problem is that I'm usually not around when the stock comes in.
Cheers

Patience ( prepared to wait 12 months) and Rocket ownership don't usually go together as a rule .. be a really, really long 12 months i'd reckon. Welcome from one of the more impatient Aussies ......................... do it , buy it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3 hours isn't that far away. The fact you're considering something else because it's available says 12 months will be a loooooooooong wait for you. Call the other dealership, make sure they've got one in stock, and head out! At least the 3 hour ride home will give you plenty of time to get to know your new love the right way!
You could also see if there's a used one for sale any closer (ebay?), to at least test ride/not wait 12 months.

There'll be one within a few hours of anywhere. Hop on a bus or drive to another town if need be. The only risk of not test riding one is you might be intimidated by one when you got it home. But given the bikes you've ridden I don't see that happening. Do it; you will not be disappointed.

Wait a year! WTF. Makes no sense at all. You should have seen the lengths I went to just to avoid waiting 24 hours!

I bought my Rocket 3 Roadster just a couple of months ago without having even sat on one. My philosophy was simple - at the age of 65 this is only going to get more difficult so get on with it which is what I did. It's a marvellous machine and I am delighted.

Back