R3 Roadster - First Ride in Motorcyclist

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
I got the current issue of Motorcyclist in the mail yesterday - there is a RAVE review (First Ride) of the new R3 Roadster. They loved almost everything about it - Power, handling - even the mid-mount controls (though they would have liked them set back even further).

You really need to read this -

I went ahead and got a digital subscription ($7.50 per year) online. I was surprised that the speed limiter is set at 120 mph. The gage pods look similar to the Standard/Classic but now include a clock and fuel gage.

I had to laugh when it said that now it could take on the V-Rod and the M109R...where has this test rider been? It already did that in it's previous incarnations, now that it is up to (now it's) 146 HP and 163 ft/lbs of torque they'll just be left further and further behind even at my "old lady" riding style.

Even though I am leaning pretty much towards the R3T I will be interested in giving the Roadster a test ride when I'm home in April for R&R.

It says it is available NOW!

Dennis

72 dtg Kuwait
73 dtg Home

Not sure what it's like elsewhere, but with Canada being the redheaded stepchild of the Triumph family it's been declared that we get one per dealership per year. Chatting with the rep that sold me my Rocket, that one Roadster took approx 3 minutes to sell.
I guess I might actually get to see one in person by 2012 at that rate.

:soapbox:

Back