R3 Rider's backrest seats.

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I have been buying and researching Triumph R3 seats for ages but only just discovered the Touring Dual seat with rider's backrest was replaced with the Solo seat and Comfort Pillion sold together with a new number.

So there are just 3 different R3 rider's back rest versions, two for Tourings and one for Std/ Classic/Roadster

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 for Tourings
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158

upload_2019-2-18_15-54-6.png

Replaced by Longhaul Seat Replacemant Kit T2302130 which is actually both items below.

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162 for Tourings
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158
upload_2019-2-18_15-54-33.png
upload_2019-2-18_15-54-54.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163 for Tourings

CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 for Std/ Classic/Roadster
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160
upload_2019-2-18_15-53-21.png

Last edited:
I am making up some seat post stems to fit these seats and allow use of a wide variety of backrests including the Mustang flat bladed stem ones and Corbin factory or aftermarket copies with a little modification or fabrication of a basic tilt bracket.

I am going to have a go at making up a few sets to suit. Will be a while but I have the posts sorted already and a few new and used factory big Triumph Classic and Touring Longhaul pillion backrests to play with now too.

Yeah I have a Utopia fitted now with the Russell DayLong solo. The Utopia hinged bracket does press against the seat back but I keep half a plastic coffee cup there so it doesn't mark the leather.

I also have the Fehling rack like @Tal has but have not tried it yet (his pic below with a bag on the rack and one of my ex-Corbins ;) ). I have a couple more Corbin Solos with various backrests too.

Link Removed

Has anyone here ever had Seth Laam do a seat for them. He shows a Rocket seat on his FB page. Wondering if it is someone here.

Yeah I have a Utopia fitted now with the Russell DayLong solo. The Utopia hinged bracket does press against the seat back but I keep half a plastic coffee cup there so it doesn't mark the leather.

I also have the Fehling rack like @Tal has but have not tried it yet (his pic below with a bag on the rack and one of my ex-Corbins ;) ). I have a couple more Corbin Solos with various backrests too.

Link Removed

Hey Pete, how do you like the daylong and if yes is it worth the money?
Thanks buddy.

Hey Pete, how do you like the daylong and if yes is it worth the money?
Thanks buddy.
Yes, its greast best seat have had and I have tried them all. ;):D

I got mine second hand off a forum member and it was my most expensive seat but no where near full price. Because they are on the stock seat base they do not appear as aftermarket as Corbins do. I love mine.

I have the long haul seat with a backrest on my touring and have been pretty happy with it. I will tell you on a long ride my airhawk pad is what makes a difference. I’ve always been reluctant to spend big money on another seat as I am not certain it will really make a difference.

Back