dbutton12

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
I get kinda pissed when I go into my dealer (HD & Triumph) and the parts guy sends me to the "Metric" end of the counter. Soooo... the last time this happened (yesterday) I just stood there and looked at him and asked him just what part of my Triumph was MORE METRIC than the Harley on the floor in back of me?? He just looked at me finally stuttering something about "well at least it's American made". To this I countered,,,,"oh, like that chinese rear wheel bearing I just helped my bud change on his street glide with 8k miles on it?" Every nut, bolt and washer I've touched on these F'in harleys is METRIC.........so what is with this metric bike BS????????? Oh, while I'm on this role...this same HD of my buds had the brazilian made voltage regulator fail at only 3k miles:D:D:D (his was the first use of my home-brew jumper cables)

A couple of months ago, I replaced the clutch plates/springs in my bike. I needed to get some oil and coolant, so I visited the Harley dealer closest to my work since it is convenient. I picked up 6 quarts of Harley branded full synthetic, then I went to the parts counter to ask for some coolant since I didn't see any out on the floor.

I asked the parts guy for some coolant and he looked at me and said "Harley's don't use coolant". I then commenced to point out the V-Rod sitting about 15 feet from the counter. A few minutes later, I had my coolant.. :cool:

Heard that the casting done somewhere overseas, Thailand factory i'd assume but i thought the majority of the 'cycle parts' were made in the UK .. could be wrong.

Back