R3 forks how to lower them

Jorge Mercader

Feel frreedom on a R3
Ride
Rocket3 Roadster
Hi, am new at this forum, am from Spain and think your web page is amazing. I am a bit short for my lovely R3 and i was thinking of lower the front forks to see if my R3 lowers 2-3 cm down, if anybody knows if this is possible please tell me.Sorry for my bad writing.Thankyou very much.

Jorge,welcome from Florida USA. Shorter fork springs would work,but remember you will also reduce lean angle .you may also find a seat that would set you lower.

G'day and welcome.

As advised above, check out getting your seat lowered or shaped a bit before you mess about with suspension.

Safely lowering the front forks is a matter of much discussion. I too am short so I have done 2 things that have worked well for me.

1) You can lower the fork tubes up to about 12 millimeters by loosing the triple tree clamps. Slide the tube up then retighten. There are specific torque requirements for the clamp bolts. Check the service manual for the correct torque number and sequence.

2) Replace the front tire with an Avon Cobra 140/75VR17. This will bring you down about another half inch.

Safely lowering the front forks is a matter of much discussion. I too am short so I have done 2 things that have worked well for me.

1) You can lower the fork tubes up to about 12 millimeters by loosing the triple tree clamps. Slide the tube up then retighten. There are specific torque requirements for the clamp bolts. Check the service manual for the correct torque number and sequence.

2) Replace the front tire with an Avon Cobra 140/75VR17. This will bring you down about another half inch.
that is 2cm in spain

Don't think shaving the seat is the answer , i had mine shaved , he took 2 i40 mm of it , buut it did'nt make much difference , because the bike is wide . So I bought ikon shocks 30cm shorter , and lowered the front 20cm through the triple tree ,, I have the tourer though .

Don't think shaving the seat is the answer , i had mine shaved , he took 2 i40 mm of it , buut it did'nt make much difference , because the bike is wide . So I bought ikon shocks 30cm shorter , and lowered the front 20cm through the triple tree ,, I have the tourer though .
I think @coneye meant 30mm and the front 20mm

Back