chrisdouglas

Rocket III Classic 2009 and BMW Montauk R1200c 04
I have an R3 classic 2009 with 3 pipes [2 one side and one the other] does anyone reckon that I could replace these with one exhaust either side like the roadster/tourer to make the back end symmetrical?

No offence but why? One of the things that appealed to me was the of beat unbalance look of the three pipes, the single muffler on each side is boring and very Japenesy

No offence but why? One of the things that appealed to me was the of beat unbalance look of the three pipes, the single muffler on each side is boring and very Japenesy
I have to stack the tins in cupboards with the label round the right way!!!!

I have an R3 classic 2009 with 3 pipes [2 one side and one the other] does anyone reckon that I could replace these with one exhaust either side like the roadster/tourer to make the back end symmetrical?
Just wondered if it were possible - so I can sleep at nights

In saying that there are some options there is the Jardines but they can be a bit hard to get, I am sure there are others as well that will pipe up with other option but CES here in Auss will make a custom set up if you ask nicely

In saying that there are some options there is the Jardines but they can be a bit hard to get, I am sure there are others as well that will pipe up with other option but CES here in Auss will make a custom set up if you ask nicely
mmmm, I looked at one of the roadsters and it seems to be 2 pipes into one on the 2 side of mine - but then I'm no mechanic

Tre
Just wondered if it were possible - so I can sleep at nights
Trev (CES) made my freeflowing three way reverse collector to take it back out to my 3 StainTune mufflers from his awesome CES Headers

Last edited:
You can quite easily fit the Roadster 2 pipes to an older model. You do need to get lots of bits and pieces though and one of the mounts (under the bike) needs to be modified slightly. If you want I can send you the list of parts you need. TORs generally are cheaper than other options but given all the bits you need, cost is similar to most other after market muffler set ups. I'd say it's worth it if that's the look you're after.

You can quite easily fit the Roadster 2 pipes to an older model. You do need to get lots of bits and pieces though and one of the mounts (under the bike) needs to be modified slightly. If you want I can send you the list of parts you need. TORs generally are cheaper than other options but given all the bits you need, cost is similar to most other after market muffler set ups. I'd say it's worth it if that's the look you're after.
Hi - if its not too much trouble to send over the part required I would be grateful - thanks
Chris

Several manufacturers that you can replace the whole system, with that option you can have the 3, 2 or 1 muffler. Some are Reband, Ces, Carpenter and Viking. You also have the added benefit of a big HP gain if you get a good flowing one and weight loss.

Back