R111R Aftermarket installations

trapper

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R111 T and 2012 R111 Roaster
I got a new R111 Roadster and decided to make a few changes, however much to my surprise many of the aftermarket parts that worked on my 05 R111 would not work on the R111R without some level of alteration. In fact some won’t work at all. So here is a quick list of what I have made work and a kind of level of how much extra work it takes.
· Rivco passenger floorboards will work but the ones I got would not fit until I drilled two small holes one each side of the bike for the pins that keep them from moving.( Easy to do)
· Rivco front floorboards won’t work.
· Classic floorboards off a 2008 R111. You can make them work but it is not for the week at heart. (It takes a lot of work and several extra parts off the 2008 R111 to make it work) If someone wants some help with this let me know and I will give more direction.
· Rivco handlebar risers will work with the same rerouting of cables as on the R111 except that if you have ABS you will need to move the break line and you will need to have the dealer bleed the breaks in less you the tool to engage the ABS system. In all cases you will need to make a new tank hold down bracket in less you want to take the bars off each time you want to lift the gas tank. (It takes some time but it’s not too hard except for the bracket.)
· Power commander five works great and is easy to install.
· Triumph heated grips easy to install.
· Triumph TOR’S easy to install.
· I installed electronic cruise control which required removal of the gas overflow tank which is required in California. The cruise itself is the kit from down under (http://www.mccruise.com/) and it takes some time and a little mechanical know how but the instructions are the best and it works great when you’re done.
· GPS the only hard part was the power connection point.
· Triumph front crash bars are easy to install but you need a good jack under the motor to get the main bolt in and out.
· Triumph rear crash bars are easy.
· Triumph highway pegs are easy.
· Triumph saddle bags are easy.
· Triumph sissy bar and rack is easy to install
· This is a lot of info but if anyone has question about any of these just let me know and I will try to help and keep you from making the same mistakes I made.
Trapper

No I just put the two pipe TOR's kit that is made for the Roadster. I like the three pipes as well but it look like way too much work.

Trapper

Here is a couple of pictures if you want anything else let me know!
Trapper

Attachments

• 2012-05-14_18-34-12_267 (2).jpg
    2012-05-14_18-34-12_267 (2).jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 604
  • 2012-05-14_18-35-26_776.jpg
    2012-05-14_18-35-26_776.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 560
  • 2012-05-14_18-41-05_920 (2).jpg
    2012-05-14_18-41-05_920 (2).jpg
    280 KB · Views: 511
I got a new R111 Roadster and decided to make a few changes, however much to my surprise many of the aftermarket parts that worked on my 05 R111 would not work on the R111R without some level of alteration. In fact some won’t work at all. So here is a quick list of what I have made work and a kind of level of how much extra work it takes.
· Rivco passenger floorboards will work but the ones I got would not fit until I drilled two small holes one each side of the bike for the pins that keep them from moving.( Easy to do)
· Rivco front floorboards won’t work.
· Classic floorboards off a 2008 R111. You can make them work but it is not for the week at heart. (It takes a lot of work and several extra parts off the 2008 R111 to make it work) If someone wants some help with this let me know and I will give more direction.
· Rivco handlebar risers will work with the same rerouting of cables as on the R111 except that if you have ABS you will need to move the break line and you will need to have the dealer bleed the breaks in less you the tool to engage the ABS system. In all cases you will need to make a new tank hold down bracket in less you want to take the bars off each time you want to lift the gas tank. (It takes some time but it’s not too hard except for the bracket.)
· Power commander five works great and is easy to install.
· Triumph heated grips easy to install.
· Triumph TOR’S easy to install.
· I installed electronic cruise control which required removal of the gas overflow tank which is required in California. The cruise itself is the kit from down under (http://www.mccruise.com/) and it takes some time and a little mechanical know how but the instructions are the best and it works great when you’re done.
· GPS the only hard part was the power connection point.
· Triumph front crash bars are easy to install but you need a good jack under the motor to get the main bolt in and out.
· Triumph rear crash bars are easy.
· Triumph highway pegs are easy.
· Triumph saddle bags are easy.
· Triumph sissy bar and rack is easy to install
· This is a lot of info but if anyone has question about any of these just let me know and I will try to help and keep you from making the same mistakes I made.
Trapper

Gday bud, can you tell me about the from floor boards and brake pedal. how did you get them to work and are they further forward?

Also whats your back seat rest and boot???

Finally what did you do to the tank hold down bracket? I was about to buy some new bars and get rid of the risers just to avoid this pain in the arse of having to move handlebars every time i want to get under tank.

Thanks in advance.

Back