Quick Shift stopped working after peg change

weeeza

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
I had the dealer change my pegs to mids on my GT, the quick shift was working perfectly before and now it is not working at all, it is active in the menu and on their computer.

Any idea why?

Did they reprogram it? When you change the pegs from forward to mid the quick shifter works in the different direction. For example a compression felt by the quick shifter used to mean an up shift and now it means a down shift. It might not be working because the throttle is not in the right position. The bike thinks you are trying to do a down shift with the throttle wide open.

Did they reprogram it? When you change the pegs from forward to mid the quick shifter works in the different direction. For example a compression felt by the quick shifter used to mean an up shift and now it means a down shift. It might not be working because the throttle is not in the right position. The bike thinks you are trying to do a down shift with the throttle wide open.
This is exactly what it turned out to be, Thank You!!!!

Toying with the idea of putting mid controls on my GT. Did they have to replace the shift lever with a new one that's compatible with mid controls and the quick shifter?

Toying with the idea of putting mid controls on my GT. Did they have to replace the shift lever with a new one that's compatible with mid controls and the quick shifter?
Yes they did, it was around $450 in parts

Yes they did, it was around $450 for parts

Back