cootertwo

Living Legend
Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
From what I can comprehend, If an early model Rocket is in neutral, the side stand switch should have no effect in starting, right? Whether o_O up or down, connected, or not ??? Right ???

On my 08 standard, the side stand switch kills the motor if I put it in gear with the stand down.

Reason I asked, yesterday, I re-arranged some wires, just unplug, re-route, and plug back in. Then I replaced the side stand and switch. Went to start, and nothing. Will crank over, but like no spark. I was thinking the side stand switch, but realized, in "neutral", it should have no effect. So, it must be one of the wires I moved. Will pop side cover off, and have a look see. ;)

Good luck, kind sir.

I have a similar situation with a bike (Honda) I worked on to add cruise control, and I messed up something -- the automatic transmission went into limp mode, and that is my task today and tomorrow -- as the bike is my daily commuter.

It took me a while to figure out, as I don't recall encountering anything similar on any other bike, but my k1200 will crank but not start in neutral with the side stand down. The fact that it cranks I found odd, threw me at first, I thought I had an issue.

Good luck, kind sir.

I have a similar situation with a bike (Honda) I worked on to add cruise control, and I messed up something -- the automatic transmission went into limp mode, and that is my task today and tomorrow -- as the bike is my daily commuter.

edited
Some times even if it is perfect it will be in limp mode if it has a code in the ecu.
if later u may need a code reader/clearer

Last edited:
Back