Quick Question about Secondary Throttles

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys,

So I just had TORS put on my '12 Roadster. I love the way they sound.

Previously before I had the TORS put on I did do a TuneECU mod to make all Secondaries to 100% and kept riding with no problems.

Now that the dealership has reflashed my ECU I was wondering something... I've noticed that when I let off the throttle at certain speeds, the engine doesn't immediately start slowing down, it kinda gradually does it... in other words it doesnt feel immediate responsive. I am wondering if thats actually the secondaries doing that? I've never seen how they work so I am just imagining the little throttle bodies slowing moving up and down..

If I am in 1'st or 2n'd and I slam on the throttle WOT do the Secondaries also "Slow" down the immediate response?

jmo
maybe the idle is a little higher than before causing it to slow down slower

on your 2nd question it probably takes a second. i have mine opening 100% @ 3000 and as soon as i hit 3000 i can fell a little increase in power

i would put the the tunecu on it to see what sec's r doing on my tor map they were only opening to 75%.

Hey Guys,

So I just had TORS put on my '12 Roadster. I love the way they sound.

Previously before I had the TORS put on I did do a TuneECU mod to make all Secondaries to 100% and kept riding with no problems.

Now that the dealership has reflashed my ECU I was wondering something... I've noticed that when I let off the throttle at certain speeds, the engine doesn't immediately start slowing down, it kinda gradually does it... in other words it doesnt feel immediate responsive. I am wondering if thats actually the secondaries doing that? I've never seen how they work so I am just imagining the little throttle bodies slowing moving up and down..

If I am in 1'st or 2n'd and I slam on the throttle WOT do the Secondaries also "Slow" down the immediate response?
Hi mate, take them out completely and set them to 100% open with tune ECU. I've had mine out for 5 years now, never missed a beat, cheers

Back